Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Cheap GPS speed camera detectors

Found something cool online? Post a thread about it in here.
VT3C RUNN3R
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: SiR Vtec Junkie

Post by VT3C RUNN3R » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:13 am

Rich wrote: I do (most of the time), but it's easy to creep above the limit. I have 0 points on my licence but I did get clocked a few years back doing 34 in a 30 and have already done the speed awareness course. I have learned my lesson regarding speeding, but it is easy to creep over the limit on occasion and I don't want any points. It is expensive enough to insure the lude as it is.
Exactly the same for me man! but now I know when you see the yellow flashy thingy on the side of road, thats a good indicator that you should slow down. ;)

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:19 am

You lucky guys. In Scotland there is no option of taking a course instead of receiving points. The police here proceed straight to dry butt secks. I have 6 points and a sore arse :( not for speeding in 30 zones though. drokking mobile speed vans.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

Rich
Pickle Rich
PSN GamerTag: richardofeston

Post by Rich » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:56 am

Yeah it was a mobile speed van that got me, I guess these camera detectors would be no use for spotting those anyway. It's controlled by GPS and a database of known locations, so it might tell you where some of them are sometimes, but more often than not they wouldn't be there so it would be easy to start ignoring it. Seemed like a good deal at the time but in hindsight, it's not that good.

Shiny
My Generation: 0G

Post by Shiny » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Mine was by a mobile van in my old Accord, pointing the other way, so the rhubarb got me driving away from him. I was doing a Mario Kart overtaking manoeuvre on a mile long straight clear road with fields either side, not a child, house or school in site and the tossers were sat in a layby on the other side of the road.

I think they clocked me at 73 in a 60, which i was pleased about, as i had just hit the rev limiter in 3rd at the time.

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:49 pm

you should be concentrating on where speed camera and not other road users, animals or where your going ;)
:thumbdown:

Return to “Look What I Found!”