Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5th Gen Prelude Short Shifter (JTC Customs) Finally Got One

Found something cool online? Post a thread about it in here.
prelude_h22
My Generation: 5G

5th Gen Prelude Short Shifter (JTC Customs) Finally Got One

Post by prelude_h22 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi All

Just wanted to share my recent purchase, I shall be adding this to my thread shortly.

I really wanted a short shifter for the prelude but after much research through fellow members and the forum a short shifter wasn’t really readily available for the 5th gen due to its shifting mechanism and lack of demand in the UK.

P spec and JTC customs were the only companies that made a proper short shifter for the 5th Gen.

Apparently P-Spec went out of business some time ago now but I managed to find them on ebay selling some custom made gearknobs. I messaged them on there but they said they have never made them for many years now and have no further plans to do so.

So I managed to contact JTC customs. At first it was slow and email responses took weeks, but I finally got through to Tommy the owner. He mentioned he was busy getting all the shifters made and dealing with demand and a new website.

I ordered the 5th Gen short shifter when it finally came into stock on the 29th Dec 2012 where I placed an order via their new website. Tommy kept in contact and answered all my queries very efficiently and even sent me a link on how to install it. The shifter then arrived on the 2nd Jan 2013. Super fast postage from USA.

I managed to install it without any drama with only the shifter ball joint bracket being a little difficult to remove. I had to break it in the end to free the OEM shifter.

Link to installation is here for your info

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/show ... p?t=352123

The shifter totally changes the gear change feeling. It’s so much tighter and gives you that racing feel. A highly recommended worth while mod.

He still has them in stock but he mentions demand is very high in the USA at the moment for these

http://www.jtccustoms.com/products/JTC- ... rt-shifter

The costs works out to be £120 including the best shipping option (tracked and insured)

Here are some pics

Thanks All

benthebratt
XBOX GamerTag: BAD BOY B3N
PSN GamerTag: benthebratt

Post by benthebratt » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:00 pm

I'm looking at exactly the same one, do you still recommended this short shifter mate?

prelude_h22

Post by prelude_h22 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:21 pm

@benthebratt
Hi Ben.
Yep, highly recommended mate. One of the best mods.
Loads of adjustability in throw and height of shifter.
Probably the only real proper shirt shifter available for the lude.

Just sold mine on here last week due to selling my lude now.

CHeck this thread out for more details.
http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/general ... 18460.html

Hope it helps.

Return to “Look What I Found!”