Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Lancaster Insurance Qote

Insurers with Club Schemes
Metalhead
My Generation: 3G

Post by Metalhead » Sun May 28, 2017 10:01 am

PreludePete wrote:Lancaster are now getting arsey about where I park the car "overnight".

The car is normally kept in a secure car storage unit and I just get it out for weekends etc, (the car that is! ;) )

Will try Adrian Flux if not resolved!

By the way when is a car considered suitable for "classic" insurance??

Pete

That's not uncommon, many insurers insist the car is kept at the property of the owner. If it gets stolen from a lock up you might not know that it has gone for days (if not longer).

Classics tend to be a minimum of 15 years old+ but it's not a set rule - the underwriters seem to add them to a list every year. Some get on the list and others don't so it's not a preset date trigger for when something becomes 'classic'. Not ideal really!

~Phil.
My 3rd Gen SE Manual Restoration and Preservation Project CLICK HERE

DAN_ADRIAN FLUX
My Generation: 4G

Post by DAN_ADRIAN FLUX » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi.
How did you get on in the end with Lancaster?
Regards,
Dan.

PreludePete
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 5G

Post by PreludePete » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:49 am

Hi Dan,

I have found an alternative car storage place about 3.5 miles from my Apartment which is fully secure etc, used to be a "Gold" rated caravan storage site. (under cover)

They are now considering this but have indicated a hike of around £200.00. They have confirmed that it is classed as a classic car!

I await a response before making my decision to stay with it or go back to market.

Return to “Insurers”