Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

REVIEW - Valet Pro Classic Gloss Protection Wax

Oooooo .... shiny!
nick_s
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Nick_Sorrell

REVIEW - Valet Pro Classic Gloss Protection Wax

Post by nick_s » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:04 pm

WHAT IS IT?

ValetPRO Paste Wax - Classic Gloss Protection (approx £20 for 250ml from good retailers)

Valet Pro's new paste wax!

WHAT DOES IT BRING TO THE TABLE?
  1. 3 months plus protection
  2. Easy to use car wax
  3. Enhance shine and gloss
  4. Protects your paint and eases cleaning
  5. Hydrophobic water repelling qualities

WHAT AM I TESTING IT ON?
2006 Vauxhaul Vectra C in Star Silver 3

WHAT DO I THINK OF IT?

FIRST IMPRESSIONS - This was a good impression. The smell is typically solvent based. The wax applies like a piece of cake, taking two light swipes of the applicator to cover the entire bonnet of my Vectra. Removal is also a breeze, with one caveat. Follow the instructions. Leave it too long and it gets a smidge tough to remove. I found that in the current air temp of around 14 degrees, it hazed over in a matter of 3 maybe 4 minutes. I used the following process to apply:

1) Waterless wash to remove light dust
2) SRP to cleanse

3) Wipe down with IPA
4) Applied wax using applicator in ambient temp of 14 degrees celcius

5) Buff using deep pile microfibre buffing towel (

Apart from the step 1, this is my regular maintenance wax process (usual consisting of a regular 2BM wash as opposed to waterless).

Now, the finish is very similar to another wax I use, which bucks the trend for most waxes in that it is quite glassy (especially for silver). I like this, so I am pleased with the results. When I apply to the rest of the car, I will double layer the wax for best coverage and durability.

So far, so good, especially for the price bracket in which this wax competes. More to follow once the whole car is done.

PROS
Quality finish
Easy to apply
Economical
Good sized pot so easy to use larger applicators

CONS
Not forgiving if you leave too long before buffing (instructions cover this, so it's no big deal)

----------------
OK, first update to the thread.......BEADING!

It rained today and bought a fair bit of filth out of the air. The first three shots are from this morning with the filth, the last three are from after it absolutely hammered down all afternoon in not so sunny Stoke.

Nice beading indeed. When the rain was heavier, it was running off nicely too, and low speed driving produced an almost water-free bonnet. Happy days.

Now to see what the durability is like. Bring it on!

EDIT FOR DURABILITY:

So, after almost 2 weeks, the beading was still holding up strong:

Will have more updates as soon as the typical British weather holds up long enough to wash it :)

UPDATE - 13/10/12

Well today the car got a basic 2BM wash using Stjarnagloss Tangerine after a prewash of ValetPro's Advanced Neutral Snowfoam via pump sprayer (this never ceases to amaze btw). Holding up well. Sheeting strongly, and a basic spray from the hose yielded the below beading shots:

Close:

Further away:
Please read my latest news article HERE

Return to “Body Work / Detailing”