Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Anyone pay to get their rear arches done.

Oooooo .... shiny!
vetrox
My Generation: 5G

Anyone pay to get their rear arches done.

Post by vetrox » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:04 pm

So today I got the first quote to have my rear arches done. To cut out the rust and weld in fresh metal, all sealed and coated and the rear bumper sprayed £1300 I attribute 300 of this to the bumper.

Now I've never had this type of work done before and 1300 feels like a lot. Got a couple moreshops to go to yet.

Just wondering how much others have paid for similar work?

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Not paid for this but I know the amount of work to do this properly. If they are also fabbing new inner arches, which is a must really, then it sounds about the right ballpark.

prelude_h22

Post by prelude_h22 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:13 pm

Thats sounds pretty right, not sure what others think.

We just got a quote to get the common arch rust sorted on the wifes puma, they quoted us £1080 for similar work as you described.

The cheaper quotes you get the cheaper the quality of work, body work is never cheap - lol

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:36 pm

What exactly are they doing? Are they blending the colour across the doors?
With Sparkle yellow you need to take the colour all the way across to the front wing to get any type of decent match. Plus your front wing is a bad paintmatch also from when Justa had it .

Kawa
XBOX GamerTag: kawa222

Post by Kawa » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:37 pm

about 10 years ago, 400 to 600 was the going rate. I was quoted around 700 about a year ago. 1500 for a full respray and sort out a few dings.
ultimately you get what you pay for, however, same with anything, go off recommendation...

paul bristol uk

Post by paul bristol uk » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:07 pm

So what should I expect to pay to get the arches from cebul welded in and sprayed? The car was sprayed 2 years ago and shines like a new pin in cassis red pearl. Just a ball park figure would be handy.
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:18 pm

£600-800 per side plus vat Imo.

That's what I would charge if I could weld. :lol:
I'd want to at least spray the whole rear quarter and door on each side.

Considering I do key scratches on sides most days across 2 panels at a rough price of £300-360 Inc vat at half a days work. Double that for cutting out and welding and striping interior panels out and Windows.

farlow
XBOX GamerTag: Pikey Pockets

Post by farlow » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:31 pm

Sounds about right, with work like this if it sounds too cheap you have to ask yourself what corners are being cut to allow such a low price. You usually get what you pay for.

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:58 pm

wow is that the going rate for body work these days makes me glad i gives it a bash myself now
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

vetrox

Post by vetrox » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:05 pm

He didn't mention anything about out blending up to the door. But I really have never had this type of work before. I've seen pics of it from other builds and I can appreciate the skill. I've also got seperate quotes to have the front and rear lip blended to the bumpers at £200 each which matches with blending work I have had before.

The wing looks like a good colour match to me (I can see where there was a repair though :-D) but the rear bumper is deffo a different colour.

however if I end up going cf boot and bonnet with a cf skin on the roof then I may just get the whole lot sprayed at the same time. Need to think on it as I've done this before (spent 2k respraying a 1k car) and then selling a few months down the road. This lude does drive like something else though. I've had it a week now and still itch to drive it so that may be the sign. Maybe this car is the one? I may have to dip into the fi fund and win me some show and shine for once...

Return to “Body Work / Detailing”