Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Heat shield help

Oooooo .... shiny!
Sektor
My Generation: 4G

Heat shield help

Post by Sektor » Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 pm

Hello everyone, I need some help with taking off the exhaust manifold heat shield on my 4th gen f2a04 prelude. I have googled and read a lot of topics regarding this, but in none of them have i found info that would help my problem.

I am wondering is it possible to take off the heat shield without having to take out the o2 sensor that goes trough the hole on the heat shield? From just looking at it and kinda wiggling it around i go the impression that i have to take out the o2 sensor with the shield still on to be able to take of the shield. Now that's a real problem for me because i live in Serbia and the only way to buy a tool that could POTENTIALLY work on this is to order it on ebay from the UK or US. (I would buy the tool if it could reach the sensor bolt with the shield still on so if anyone used it please tell me)

So I'm just looking from guidance from more experienced people than myself.

I just want to take off the shield strip it and repaint it and put it back on because it looks hideous. I would prefer to do this without taking the o2 sensor out if its possible.

Is there more than 1 way to do this?

Would this tool reach the sensor bolt even with the shield still on?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LASER-TOOLS-22mm ... wuDGt3PNSQ

Or do i have to take the shield off first somehow?

Sorry for the long post, and sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just new to the hobby and don't want to mess anything up :)

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Mon May 23, 2016 10:44 am

Welcome! Can you take a picture of what you mean? Does the cabling from the sensor not have a plug that can be disconnected?
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Sektor

Post by Sektor » Mon May 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Thank you. :) Well i managed to get it off without taking out the o2 but it wasn't easy wiggling the wires and connector trough this hole all while the actual sensor part is blocking its way. So now that it's off I was thinking of maybe cutting this where i marked it on the picture to make it 5x easier to put on/pull off, thoughts?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Mon May 23, 2016 2:57 pm

Yes, I like your thinking. A sneaky cut there before paint. 8-)
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Return to “Body Work / Detailing”