Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Bilt Hamber stuff - recommended?

Oooooo .... shiny!
norks27
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 5G

Bilt Hamber stuff - recommended?

Post by norks27 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:26 pm

http://www.bilthamber.com/deluxe-detailing-kit

Looking at this set of detailing products, usually use Meguiars stuff. Wondered if I should change brand?
Pricey, but I guess it'll last a fair while.

Any thoughts.

Thanks.

Andyjess666

Post by Andyjess666 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Have you tried the g3 stuff thats pretty good an I found Williams wash an wax polish is good to get a shine on your car both go on easy an buff off good

Max

Post by Max » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Only ever tried their snowfoam and wasn't really impressed with it despite reading a lot of good reviews, didn't foam up that thick or dwell for very long, might just be my lance... Valet Pro PH Neutral snowfoam though absolutely amazing! Really thick foam and dwells forever, i actually rinse the drive down after as it looks like its been snowing on just my drive for several hours after lol

I think their clay bars are good though, don't think you can go wrong with any brand of that to be honest though, their all the same imo.

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:03 pm

Max wrote:Only ever tried their snowfoam and wasn't really impressed with it despite reading a lot of good reviews, didn't foam up that thick or dwell for very long, might just be my lance... Valet Pro PH Neutral snowfoam though absolutely amazing! Really thick foam and dwells forever, i actually rinse the drive down after as it looks like its been snowing on just my drive for several hours after lol

I think their clay bars are good though, don't think you can go wrong with any brand of that to be honest though, their all the same imo.
Its not meant to foam up thick and dwell for long. To this day it's still the best snow foam I have used purely for its cleaning abilities. Used neat. It's foams up thinly and dwells for a few minster before stripping the dirt. KArcher down and it's pretty much squeaky clean from the sealant I use.
It's so good.

I have used pretty much all of the Bilt Hamber range and it's excellent however I have moved into a ceramic sealant for longevity and cleaning and keeping 2 vehicles clean everywhere is a chore.
Never looked back.

Max

Re: Bilt Hamber stuff - recommended?

Post by Max » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:11 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Max wrote:Only ever tried their snowfoam and wasn't really impressed with it despite reading a lot of good reviews, didn't foam up that thick or dwell for very long, might just be my lance... Valet Pro PH Neutral snowfoam though absolutely amazing! Really thick foam and dwells forever, i actually rinse the drive down after as it looks like its been snowing on just my drive for several hours after lol

Its not meant to foam up thick and dwell for long. To this day it's still the best snow foam I have used purely for its cleaning abilities. Used neat. It's foams up thinly and dwells for a few minster before stripping the dirt. KArcher down and it's pretty much squeaky clean from the sealant I use.
It's so good.

I have used pretty much all of the Bilt Hamber range and it's excellent however I have moved into a ceramic sealant for longevity and cleaning and keeping 2 vehicles clean everywhere is a chore.
Never looked back.
Really? I guess I wrongly assumed all snowfoam was supposed to act like that but I guess i was wrong, it didn't even dwell for more than a few minutes. However i agree it did a great job of actually cleaning, was almost like washing an already clean car after the snowfoam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norks27
Supporter 2016

Post by norks27 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:21 pm

I have moved into a ceramic sealant for longevity
@rattymcclelland - which brand do you use/recommend.

A quick Google and like the sound of ceramic sealant.

norks27
Supporter 2016

Post by norks27 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:24 pm

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:04 pm

I used Gtechniq Crystal serum light followed by exo v3 on the van and about to use it on the car. Lasts for 3-5years.

Return to “Body Work / Detailing”