Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

HELP ...fitting rear jdm number plate holder

Oooooo .... shiny!
firstlude
My Generation: 4G

HELP ...fitting rear jdm number plate holder

Post by firstlude » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:24 pm

having some spare time whilst doing lude things today thought i would fit my jdm rear number plate holder seems thats not the quick job i was hoping for :lol: whats the deal with the number plate lights i see i am going to have to drill the mounting bolt holes as they are different , but the number plate lights have me a bit confused on my uk holder they attach to the holder but how do the jdm ones fit
as you can see in the pic no mounting points on the jdm holder
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:21 am

Have completely forgotten the detail difference after all these years...
From memory, the JDM plate lights fix to the bootlid itself (there are tapped studs hanging down).
The JDM bootlid itself is actually slightly different to a UKDM one, so you really need to swap it complete.

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:52 pm

well i am going to drill the mounting holes so it sits right then see how its going to pan out from there , maybe i can fit some sort of compact led lights or even a strip to overcome the illumination , unless someone has some spare jdm lights going cheap :D
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

Return to “Body Work / Detailing”