Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Its like a bloody whirlpool!

Oooooo .... shiny!
paul bristol uk
My Generation: 4G

Post by paul bristol uk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:37 pm

Well I have had a good look around and there is orange peel in some places as well so if you cant mop and polish it out its back to the breeze block idea. Marche ou crève Mercutio ;)
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

Post by lewd lude lover » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:43 pm

reacting paint is a bugger. not much to be done there till its dry and you can see whats what. good that he will sort it out. there are plenty of places will tell you to do one.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

paul bristol uk

Post by paul bristol uk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:49 am

Well to continue my mate came over to have a look Tuesday afternoon(he is a bit OCD over his car) and the upshot of all this is ALL panels have round spots in the finish now.(they may have been ther when he brought it back but with mine and Jenny,s Ilness and the weather I did not look then)
It was a sunny day so they could be seen like a boil on a babies bum.Bodyshop very apologetic and said they would fix it whatever it takes. Thats 3 weeks away so plenty of time to see if anything else develops.The joke is he did the Lude to a very high standard. I will not go on other than to say to LLL doing one is not an option for him as I have friends i who would go and speak to him Very nicely ;) Price was never an issue I would have paid and did pay what he asked for. I am going over to see him again today as he did not look at the rest of the car as it was raining first time and tell you what his obsevations and comments. are if you are interested.
I believe he is an honest man and I will take him at his word for now!
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:38 am

yeah it looks like a decent result will be the end. Many places dont accept liability for defects.

Sounds like maybe some silicone in the air. someone spraying lube next door or something. it buggers paint to the max. seen it happen. Its not pretty. either that or nibs not taken off in sanding.

PICS!!!
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

paul bristol uk

Post by paul bristol uk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:01 am

Can't do pics atm
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

Slosh2222
Supporter 2016

Post by Slosh2222 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:35 pm

If the spots are sunk into the paint (painters call them fish eyes) then that’s poor panel preparation or if you have ever used anything with silicone in to clean your car ect then that will be the reason as silicone and paint mix about as well as water and oil :lol:
But if the spots are raised then that might be because the paint was force dryed to quickly and the solvent in the paint is being forced out to quickly causing little bumps in the paint (solvent pop)
I’m glad you are getting it sorted and most body shops should always rectify problems like that anyway

paul bristol uk

Post by paul bristol uk » Tue May 15, 2018 9:40 pm

SORTED! drokking SORTED1 its drokking worse. Yes he has got rid of all but a couple of raised spots. He has now turned the car into a drokking chicken! By that I mean every sodding panel has light semi circular marks on it and I mean at least 6 or more on each panel all with feathered looking edges, the bonnet has some sink holes on it but smal so far. What he had aledged to have done is sand the knibs off and then applied some polish and polished it The polish part is true as it is every crevise and all over the wiper arms. Lovely day today the car looked like a drokking green zebra.
The normal couse of affairs would be go back to him, but his Mother is dying in hopital and he is not in(Not believing all I am told I got this news checked be 3 people who told the same story independently of each other) I an suffering from various problems myself (including high blood pressure and this bleeding helps!) and severe clinical depression,so I would not feel right making his life worse at the moment.
So I suppose what I am asking you is can these swirls be taken out by a competant person or company and the likely cost if it can?

Thanks
Paul
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

paul bristol uk

Post by paul bristol uk » Tue May 15, 2018 10:58 pm

cant do pics atm. If I get some on my phone I will send them to you I will ask for your email if the plan works.
In the mean time is there a way out of this as described?
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

PreludePete
Supporter 2016

Post by PreludePete » Wed May 16, 2018 6:55 am

Gosh, you and your car have been through the mill.

My suggestion is find your local Honda approved body shop and get a quote. At least they will know what they are talking about! Also if they are busy do they recommend anybody?

You now have a "professional" price. If they are not busy they may even offer to do a no vat/cash job. (Worked for me!)

Go to the guy and press for a contribution and you will walk away, or else!

Taking photos of the problems is very important for evidence of the shoddy job done.

Pete

My motto - When you are in a hole - stop digging! Start again.

Return to “Body Work / Detailing”