Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Its like a bloody whirlpool!

Oooooo .... shiny!
paul bristol uk
My Generation: 4G

Post by paul bristol uk » Wed May 16, 2018 7:42 am

This one is not my Lude Pete its a Toyota/Lexus Soarer. I will get some pics when the sun comes back for its full glory.
I want him to fix it or I will have it done and hit him with a bill if he does not pay I will put him in court. I hope he has declared the money I have paid him otherwise I will also inform HMRC about this cash job.
This is me,I am a nice guy and pretty understanding but take me for a mug or body lemonade with me and I will jobby on you from a great height.
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

Shiny
My Generation: 0G

Post by Shiny » Wed May 16, 2018 11:06 am

Paul, if it is just swirls and no other paint defects, then most likely they can be refined and polished out. Bodyshops just polish or "mop" a car with a heavy cut compound and the paint is generally in a bit of a swirly state.

Have a word with a local detailer and see what they can do, but a decent polish is likely to cost circa £200 for the whole car without waxing etc. You can polish a car as soon as paint is dry, so there are no issues here, after all the bodyshop would have polished the paint. What you shouldn't do for a couple of months is seal the paint, e.g. wax or a sealant, as the paint needs to "gas off" and this can cause issues.

Here's a pic of my old Lude when I got it back from the bodyshop. The sunroof rust had been removed and the roof resprayed. You can see the difference where i polished the paint compared to where the bodyshop had "mopped" the paint.

Last edited by Shiny on Wed May 16, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Wed May 16, 2018 11:43 am

Wouldn't worry about gassing off periods. That's old skill paints.
Modern paints reach full curing within a week after a bake.
Sealing a week after is fine.

paul bristol uk

Post by paul bristol uk » Wed May 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Shiny this is what every drokking panel looks like and the car is a similar colour. Have arranged for it to go into a valeter on Monday and see what he can do. I will pay his bill and forward it to the guy who sprayed it, The bonnet has more than a couple of dozen fiseyes on it so a bare metal respray my arse. Will get that resprayed somewhere else and that bill will go to him as well. If he does not pay i will take him to court.
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Wed May 16, 2018 11:34 pm

Stunning improvement on that paint there, Shiny.
Hope it works out for you, Paul.

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Thu May 17, 2018 9:38 pm

hi paul sorry to hear this is not yet been sorted seems its turning into a battle to see who gives in first , glad to hear your not giving in ..
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Fri May 18, 2018 8:48 am

sorry to hear this mate. the swirls are a standard after a spray though. its just part of how it has to happen. you will never get a fine polish right after a spray and rub back. thats up to you to do, or someone you pay afterwards. sanding off the nibs and applying polish is rubbish though. you basically have holes through to the undercoat, which is porous. so you have holes through your paint to the metal below...

@pete: 'local honda approved bodyshop' :lol: :lol: :lol: are you like, from the 50's or just here for a day trip?
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Thu May 24, 2018 11:50 pm

Okey dokey
So Paul sent me these pics to upload;
I think it looks fab! But obviously am missing something... :?

paul bristol uk

Post by paul bristol uk » Fri May 25, 2018 1:58 am

wurlycorner wrote:Okey dokey
So Paul sent me these pics to upload;
I think it looks fab! But obviously am missing something... :?
Yes all the swirls and the crap in the panel lines. These pictures are the result after £100 spent with a valeter The bonnet still has fish eyes and I am thinking what to do about them.The cost to get rid of them is £400(spray the bonnet) They are not very evident unless I point them out. I think I will wait and see if the man who sprayed the car pays the £100 bill I incured. BTW as you can see the Lude is alive and well but resting in the front garden awaiting me being able to drive it. Finally thanks to wurlycorner for uploading these pic's for me as I am a numpty at it, :oops: so that shows the car I have had and rattled on about since I got it in 2011
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Fri May 25, 2018 7:14 am

Such a good classy looking car.

Return to “Body Work / Detailing”