Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Paint

Oooooo .... shiny!
TLThomson338
My Generation: 5G

Paint

Post by TLThomson338 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Does the gen 5 have clear coat from the factory? Mine is white (cream) with a subtle dash of pearl. I have no idea what they call it but the paint code is NH624P1. I am about to replace the RF fender with a junkyard item and it will require a repaint.
I have painted cars before with good results but I'm beginning to suspect that I may need some tutoring with this.
Tom

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:26 pm

TLThomson338 wrote:Does the gen 5 have clear coat from the factory? Mine is white (cream) with a subtle dash of pearl. I have no idea what they call it but the paint code is NH624P1. I am about to replace the RF fender with a junkyard item and it will require a repaint.
I have painted cars before with good results but I'm beginning to suspect that I may need some tutoring with this.
Tom
Fender & junkyard..... you over the ponds from us here in the UK.

NH624P is premium white pearl. All preludes are lacquered.
Premium white wasnt available over here but essentially it's a 3 stage pearl white meaning it has a base score coat over the primer, Followed by a transparent pearl coat and then finished with lacquer.
For a true colour match the colour needs blending into the door and bonnet (hood) and 3 stage pearls are difficult to do.

Samiya85

Post by Samiya85 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:12 pm

I may able to help u with a white wing
Not sure on the colour code as the car is gone
But it was a prelude sir Japanese import

TLThomson338 wrote:Does the gen 5 have clear coat from the factory? Mine is white (cream) with a subtle dash of pearl. I have no idea what they call it but the paint code is NH624P1. I am about to replace the RF fender with a junkyard item and it will require a repaint.
Tom

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Rep for using the term repaint rather than respray.......

TLThomson338

Post by TLThomson338 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:27 pm

Samiya
Thanks for the offer but as I'm in the U.S. and I suspect you're in the U.K. crating and shipping would most likely make one's eyes water.
Tom
ps My assumption concerning your location came from your use of the word "wing". My first thought was no- I already have one and it's bolted down to the trunk (boot) lid. Then I realized - - -

Return to “Body Work / Detailing”