Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5th Gen MUGEN Front Bumper and BC Style rear.

Oooooo .... shiny!
tobyslude
My Generation: 5G

Post by tobyslude » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:37 pm

Hiya,

Couple of questions to everyone on the forum before I go spending money..

I bought my Lude with these aftermarket bumpers, and after doing some research the front appears to be a Mugen rep, and the rear a Buddyclub style bumper (Buddyclub never made a kit for the Lude but its the same style as the Civic ones). Both have bits of damage from before I bought it, and the front one is a pretty bad fit. So before I go paying money to get them repaired and hopefully improve the fit on the front, I was just curious if anyone has seen these in the UK before and if they're readily available? I know they're available in the US however they won't ship. And there is a guy on Ebay UK selling both these for roughly £800 each :o

I've never seen either about in the UK, especially the Mugen style front bumper. Which is why I like it so much!
So if anyone knows if they're available over here and if not how much they think these are worth i'll be very greatful!

Front

Rear

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:44 pm

Mugen rep front bumpers are renowned for their truly awful fit. A fair few of old preludeuk days have it or have had a mugen style bumper and all fitment was poor.
Genuine mugen bumpers are rare and fetch a 2k price tag if found.
I doubt you would get a better fit from getting another mugen rep bumper but could be worth a try if one is cheap enough.

https://www.madmotors.co.uk/body-kits/h ... umper.html

tobyslude

Post by tobyslude » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:42 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:44 pm
Mugen rep front bumpers are renowned for their truly awful fit. A fair few of old preludeuk days have it or have had a mugen style bumper and all fitment was poor.
Genuine mugen bumpers are rare and fetch a 2k price tag if found.
I doubt you would get a better fit from getting another mugen rep bumper but could be worth a try if one is cheap enough.

https://www.madmotors.co.uk/body-kits/h ... umper.html
Ahh okay mate thanks, that's interesting! Quite expected though aha. I think I'll get the previous damage sorted and then try to live with the fitment. It's a shame really because it's nice to have something different. And a genuine Mugen is definitely out the budget as expected :lol:

The rear bumper fits quite nicely though. The whole car will be having a respray at some point anyway, but thank you man!

Return to “Body Work / Detailing”