Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

When does a Prelude look like an Integra?

Oooooo .... shiny!
EddieMunster
My Generation: 5G

Post by EddieMunster » Tue May 12, 2020 10:18 pm

When you remove the rear lights to work on the back end?

5g 2.2 Motegi in Blue.

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:03 am

Looks shiny :clap:

As for looking like an integra, no chance! Wonder what a prelude would look like as a 3 door?

I know i'll get some hate, but the dc5 is an absolute machine and in another league compared to the lude, I just cant justify spending £10k on a nice one though :(
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Post by ATR84 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:25 am

Scott560 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:03 am

As for looking like an integra, no chance! Wonder what a prelude would look like as a 3 door?

I know i'll get some hate, but the dc5 is an absolute machine and in another league compared to the lude, I just cant justify spending £10k on a nice one though :(
Interesting comment. I have owned both and compared to my Type S there feels like there is nothing in it on the road, but then both cars have 220bhp so not that surprising. On track I am sure the DC5 is faster. It depends what you want, the Type S is a lot rarer and is a nicer place to sit. The DC5 felt a lot more raw and crashy on the road.

When I bought my Type S from Torque GT, it was not always going to be the Type S, I went to view the Type S and a DC5 side by side. Seeing them in the flesh and having a good poke around both examples I was torn. Being a Prelude addict I had always wanted the flagship model, but having owned a DC5 before I knew how good they were.

It was not until I got home I made my mind up, it had to be the Prelude. I had already done the DC5 thing, the Prelude was rarer and more interesting to me. Price wise, yes it was about 3k cheaper than the Integra but that did not really come into it as my budget was about 12k and I knew I would use the full amount on refreshing things and mods regardless of the purchase price of the car.

Overall, nearly 2 years later, I have no regrets. Would I buy another Prelude if mine ever goes? Yes. Would I buy another DC5? Yes. At the moment I am really liking EK9's, another itch I might have to scratch one day.

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:35 am

Yeah, we both came to same conclusion that the prelude is easier to live with day to day, and the integra is not as enjoyable day to day on the road. The exhaust noise and pin point controls and harder seats make driving it a real chore - where the prelude is comparatively quiet and comfortable/forgiving.

It was on the track where the dc5 really showed its strengths as you say, the weight, the power, the extra gears, the better brakes, the whole package is much more racey.

I don't regret the lude, far from it (it was cheap). it would be interesting to compare a type S on track, see if the 20bhp , ATTS and suspension changes make much of a difference compared to a normal one. I've had the ATR diff put in mine, but no track day since then.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

ATR84

Post by ATR84 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:52 am

My Type S is more of a fast road/garage queen, I know some people love the track, I do, but not in a car I care about :D

ATR84

Post by ATR84 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:53 am

EddieMunster wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:18 pm
When you remove the rear lights to work on the back end?

I can see a bit of DC2 rear there :thumbup:

Drax
My Generation: 4G

Post by Drax » Wed May 13, 2020 9:42 am

ive had god knows how many comments over the years from people saying "hey, nice integra!".... :roll: but i can see where they are going as the 4g does have a lot of similarities with s DC2.

i've also driven a stock DC2, k24 DC2, Stock DC5 and Slightly modded DC5, all on the road and track and i agree the DC5 on track is flawless, better than most preludes anyday .....but dull, very dull to me. the whole time around the track i was almost yawning, no "fizz" at all. whereas driving the lude on track (as well as other cars ive done) my heart is racing the whole time and i cannot wait to get back out after any short break.

The DC2's have really grown on me over the years, especially after driving the k24 one but the prices totally put me off probably ever owning one. IF someone had a preface DC2 (i go against the grain here as most people prefer the facelift DC2) at a bargin price and i needed a new daily, AND it was an import (i think the UKDM front is fugly) and i had the money i'd snap it up. i do agree the teg's are a lot more naturally track based than a lude, but i LOVE the rareness, uniqueness and off-the-radar sense that a Prelude has. plus the looks (of a 4g, sorry guys :lol: ) i absolutely adore.

p.s. Eddie im quite jealous on how clean yours is 8)
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

EddieMunster

Post by EddieMunster » Wed May 13, 2020 11:44 am

Scott560 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:03 am
I did paint correction on it to see what could be saved, so it looks "nice" from a distance of 20ft, but up close it's a great example of buy in haste, repent at leisure. Indeed, I've bought a 2nd car in the same colour, so I'm stripping mine down to franken-swap over the better panels from the donor car.

The previous owner clearly use to bang panels for fun, there are dents in places that you couldn't even manage with a step ladder and a large persuader! It has taken me 18 months to calm down after the purchase, it sat on my drive without moving an inch from the day I bought it.
5g 2.2 Motegi in Blue.

EddieMunster

Post by EddieMunster » Wed May 13, 2020 11:46 am

ATR84 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:53 am
I can see a bit of DC2 rear there :thumbup:
Bravo! It's the rear lights being removed that made me think "Oh, Integra!".
5g 2.2 Motegi in Blue.

norks27
Supporter 2016

Post by norks27 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:21 pm

Even without the wheels the Lude is looking good :thumbup:

Return to “Body Work / Detailing”