Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5th gen front bumper sag

Oooooo .... shiny!
Scott560
My Generation: 5G

5th gen front bumper sag

Post by Scott560 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:53 am

ATR84 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:35 am
so I was constantly calling the girlfriend out, she wasn't that impressed after a while
LOL - it's always the way.

It looks better for sure. One of the things that is hard to master is the art of when to stop. Each time you do some job, you run the risk of damage/incident, and then you will be really annoyed with yourself (more than the initial complaint). You will never get a 20 year old + car 100% perfect. I find it better to tackle lots of jobs and get the car better overall, than obsess over 1 tiny detail.

Also, find where the local halfords is - they tend to sell lazer individual tools so you could have picked up an extension easy enough. Every job is an excuse to buy a new tool (most times). Soon enough you will have all you need. Even screwfix sell torque wrenches as an example (another emergency purchase lol).
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

ATR84
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

5th gen front bumper sag

Post by ATR84 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:41 am

Scott560 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:53 am
ATR84 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:35 am
so I was constantly calling the girlfriend out, she wasn't that impressed after a while
LOL - it's always the way.

It looks better for sure. One of the things that is hard to master is the art of when to stop. Each time you do some job, you run the risk of damage/incident, and then you will be really annoyed with yourself (more than the initial complaint). You will never get a 20 year old + car 100% perfect. I find it better to tackle lots of jobs and get the car better overall, than obsess over 1 tiny detail.

Also, find where the local halfords is - they tend to sell lazer individual tools so you could have picked up an extension easy enough. Every job is an excuse to buy a new tool (most times). Soon enough you will have all you need. Even screwfix sell torque wrenches as an example (another emergency purchase lol).
You talk a lot of sense in regards to running the risk of damage/incident. Unfortunately my OCD leads me to get fixated on minor things unnecessarily. I knew that gap was there for the best part of 2 years, but only now suddenly and without warning did I start obsessing over it :crazy: I think I have improved it enough to stop me doing anything else to it for the time being but I have ordered an extension set for my ratchets so I don't come across another job I can't do because of a lack of an extension :thumbup:

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

5th gen front bumper sag

Post by Sailor » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:44 pm

Good job.
It's probably within original spec now, so I would leave well alone.
International Pensioner of Mystery

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

5th gen front bumper sag

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Looks pretty damn good now, IMO!

Return to “Body Work / Detailing”