Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Modified Live - 25th May 2014

Events taking place in Scotland. Beware low flying haggis.
indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Wed May 21, 2014 12:47 pm

Sweet :D

Also, if anyone wants any bits I scavenged from Eve let me know. Already bringing some stuff for Nick (@vanzep) as it is :) Off the top of my head, two choice parts include a front strut brace, and the ITR steering wheel (OEM Honda, made by Momo) - there is a full catback too but I doubt i'd get that in the car, it's a custom job with a Scorpion backbox. I'll be getting a thread up in the next wee while anyway, but consider this a chance for a first dibs :lol:
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Wed May 21, 2014 12:51 pm

Me and Nick will have the only 4G there. Everyone else is in 5th's.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Wed May 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Knockhill wrote: Power-Fest as Time Attack, SLS, F1 and Modified Live rumble into Fife

Scottish motorsport fans are in for a ‘POWER-FEST’ this weekend at Knockhill (Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th May); when a number of super-fast features roll in for a two-day festival of speed. Topping the bill on Sunday 25th May is the Modified Live event, featuring the Time Attack Championship; which can boast some of the most powerful custom-built machinery you are ever likely to see on the Knockhill circuit. These cars, outputting a staggering 800bhp+, light up the track in a lap-time challenge event, with the winner, not only taking the driving plaudits, but the engineering plaudits along with it.

The aptly named, Gobstopper, is a prime example. Built in 2005 by Roger Clark Motorsport, this 850bhp monster enjoyed great success, both on track and off it; winning its developers ten ‘Tuner of the Year’ titles, as well as making it BIG when toy manufacturer Corgi immortalised it in miniature format. That said, after eight long years at the pinnacle of time-trial sport, the Gobstopper has been replaced with a whole new version – Gobstopper 2. After several years in development and a bucket load of investment, the car is ready for its Scottish debut this Sunday at Knockhill.

Here’s a quick look at the original Gobstopper in action, to give you an indication of the power, speed and acceleration we can expect this weekend.

As fast as the Gobstopper and its fellow Time Attack Pro Extreme counterparts are, there will be one car on show this weekend that will out-pace them all. Knockhill will once again rumble to the sound of Formula One, when an ex Nelson Piquet, Benetton B190, takes to the circuit for super-fast demonstrations at the weekend. Accompanying the Benetton on track, will be a Formula Nippon, essentially a F3000 Japanese single-seater race car. The unofficial Knockhill lap record stands at 41.3 seconds and that will be the target for the Benetton this weekend.

As mentioned previously, this weekend is a two-day event. Saturday will act as a prelude to Modified Live (Sunday only) with a host of entertainment to keep fans amused including, Nothern Sports and Saloon car racing, Round 2 of the Super Lap Scotland Championship (the Scottish equivalent to Time Attack), Drifting and 4×4 Off Road racer demonstrations. There may even be a few warm-up laps for the Benetton (TBC on the day), all taking place on the REVERSE circuit.

Sunday, show day, will revert to the INTERNATIONAL circuit and feature Time Attack, Round 3 of Super Lap Scotland, Nothern Sports & Saloon car racing, Drifting demos, 4×4 Off Road racers, F1 demos and hundreds of tuned and modified Show Cars. With private owners, Clubs and Groups from all over Scotland travelling to Fife to show case their latest ‘mods’ to the appreciative audience.

Knockhill Events Director, Stuart Gray commented:

“I’m extremely excited by this weekend’s event. Quite simply, it will be our BIGGEST modified event ever.

“I’m obviously looking forward to seeing an F1 car back on track, we’ve had a few over the years, and the sight, sound and speed of these machines, never fails to amaze me.”
http://www.knockhill.com/wordpress/2014 ... into-fife/
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Wed May 21, 2014 2:10 pm

Merlin wrote:Me and Nick will have the only 4G there. Everyone else is in 5th's.
Well, that's not any use is it? :lol:
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Hotrod-Aha

Post by Hotrod-Aha » Wed May 21, 2014 3:07 pm

Thanks @Merlin, hope the weather holds up!

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Post by vanzep » Wed May 21, 2014 5:38 pm

indigolemon wrote:Sweet :D

Also, if anyone wants any bits I scavenged from Eve let me know. Already bringing some stuff for Nick (@vanzep) as it is :) Off the top of my head, two choice parts include a front strut brace, and the ITR steering wheel (OEM Honda, made by Momo) - there is a full catback too but I doubt i'd get that in the car, it's a custom job with a Scorpion backbox. I'll be getting a thread up in the next wee while anyway, but consider this a chance for a first dibs :lol:
Nice :D
really tempted to pick up the ITR steering wheel...but must resist :lol:

Looks like it will be a cracking day with good weather forecast 8-)
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

macky_6

Post by macky_6 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:21 pm

Cant wait it for it now. :D

Yeah, 7:15 at Showcase then :twisted:

macky_6

Post by macky_6 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:22 pm

indigolemon wrote:Sweet :D

Don't suppose 4G & 5G door hinges are interchangeable? :?

:lol:

JDM-BB4
PSN GamerTag: JDM-BB4

Post by JDM-BB4 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:27 pm

Merlin wrote:
Knockhill wrote: Saturday will act as a prelude to Modified Live
Glad we got a mention.

I might tag onto the glasgow convoy just before the Clackmannan bridge.
If I'm on time I will wait in a lay-by on the a876 hoping to see you all passing otherwise I will just get everyone there.
Prelude history: black bb4, silver bb4, green bb8, project eX, JRSC 5th gen Motegi.

Current rides: Honda s2000 GT & Honda Accord type R Honda Civic FD2 Type R !! :twisted:

andyconnolly
XBOX GamerTag: POLAR BEAR 93
PSN GamerTag: AndyConnolly1

Post by andyconnolly » Thu May 22, 2014 9:18 am

JDM-BB4 wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Knockhill wrote: Saturday will act as a prelude to Modified Live
Glad we got a mention.

I might tag onto the glasgow convoy just before the Clackmannan bridge.

If I'm on time I will wait in a lay-by on the a876 hoping to see you all passing otherwise I will just get everyone there.
We're normally quite quick at heading through
I've got your number anyways so will give you a text when we're on our way :D
'98 2.2Vtec SiR S-Spec BB6 H22A Import SOLD
2015 Audi A6 S-Line Ultra

Return to “Scotland”