Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

JDM 5G Sat-Nav + Climate control conversion.

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
nitin_s1
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: N171N

JDM 5G Sat-Nav + Climate control conversion.

Post by nitin_s1 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:27 pm

Is it easy to change the Sat-Nav (Climate control) to the normal/OEM climate control ??

I have this at the moment :arrow:

But if I want to have the touch screen I will need to have the OEM cassette player on, and that means I need to have old caster. Times have moved ahead and I can't find any new tunes on cassettes now. :lol:

So I wanted to converted to the OEM climate control like this one :arrow: (picture of Scott's car)

I'm assume it's simple as all the sensors and wires are there already and I will just need the climate control buttons etc etc??

Anyone?

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:45 pm

Main issue I see is the aerial built into the side window. Everything that should be plug and play on the standard jdm climate loom.

nitin_s1

Post by nitin_s1 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:50 pm

@RattyMcClelland, what about an external antenna? If I get a new DAB radio that will surely have another antenna?

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:55 pm

What I mean is the person who buys the sat nav setup of you will need to rear passenger side window. It's useless of course at the sat nav won't work but the Ariel for that is in the side window. The FM Ariel is built into the rear window so you're fine. Dab Aeriel can be stuck on the front window screen.

nitin_s1

Post by nitin_s1 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:55 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:What I mean is the person who buys the sat nav setup of you will need to rear passenger side window. It's useless of course at the sat nav won't work but the Ariel for that is in the side window. The FM Ariel is built into the rear window so you're fine. Dab Aeriel can be stuck on the front window screen.
Even if I do sell it onwards, they will probably just use the touch screen climate control and not the sat nav anyways? :think:

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”