Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Rear number plate lights

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
Scott560
My Generation: 5G

Rear number plate lights

Post by Scott560 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:26 pm

Had to replace a bulb yesterday, and whilst doing so decided that the bulb holders/lens part could so with a good clean inside an out.

It was dark and i didn't look very hard, but how are they removed from the bumper/number plate surround?

I saw something that might have resembled a screw 10 years ago, but it crumbled away when touched with my finger. Is there a trick to get them out? I don't think i could drill out the screw without taking the bumper/surround off?

Cheers,

Scott
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Lankysod07
XBOX GamerTag: Tumber07

Rear number plate lights

Post by Lankysod07 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:15 am

Yeah there horrible, every one I've come across is rusted to death bud. I would suggest that drilling them out is the only option to be honest, I've got a spare surround/bracket that includes these clear lenses that you can give a go to if you wanna test it before trying. :)

Scott560

Rear number plate lights

Post by Scott560 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:45 pm

Is there an easy way to remove the surround without having to remove the bumper? Havent looked too much myself, sometimes easier to ask before i snap something!
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

km666
PSN GamerTag: fargoneonone

Rear number plate lights

Post by km666 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:03 pm

I did this just the other week. My screws had turned to dust but you can remove the whole piece that holds it on. There are I think 3 screws along the lower white part, if you remove them and the 4(?) plastic clips along the top the whole number plate piece comes out, you can then seperate the white piece from the other part and can get at the bulb holders to clean them easily enough. The lower part slides onto two easily snapped lugs. I used engine and machine cleaner and a toothbruth to get at the inside of the bulb holder and give it all a good tidy up.
-KM666

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”