Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

NEEED HELLPPPP!!!! :(

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:47 pm

do the imports even have immobilisers i was under the impression they dont only UK 5g's have the immobiliser i also emailed honda in japan and they told me my car was done for the ignition recall so might be worth trying that if it hasnt been done and honda in japan confirm it hasnt been done honda uk will do it foc
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

2lude
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: a2lude

Post by 2lude » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Green light is to infirm immoboliser is on or off you can source parts from an accord also as I replaced an entire columbe rather than messing with sheer bolts and tricked the imboliser with the old key in a ghetto bodge

Have you tried the simple stuff ie remove your battery over night and try again in the morning it might just need a re set

2lude

Post by 2lude » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:51 pm

Also a simple one have you tried a different key ? Do you still have your red master key ? Are you using the black key or grey ?

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:40 pm

good idea to try simple - free things first :D

andy_d
XBOX GamerTag: yessbigr3w

Post by andy_d » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:59 pm

i dont have the redmaster key....a black one only!!i disconnected battery but not for a long period of time....10mins top b4 aa came out!!i rang honda friday.....they fed me bullshit regards as to the recall,its not eligable as its an import!!!!it hasnt been done as my vin has not been stamped to say it has.......illdisconnect battery today and leaveit till tomorow after work,its been sat a week now.....i think its key related,i have no green light what so ever on dash now,all otherlights,cranks but no fuel pump prime or spark!!!i dont care how much it costs i need it fixed!!!i went yesterday and got a spare main relay and ignition switch,cost me 25quid so not gonna grumble.......!!o and honda said a barrell was 225quid....but discontinued!!!wtf do i do!!lol stumped :?

2lude

Post by 2lude » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:01 pm

find a breaker on here

andy_d

Post by andy_d » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:03 pm

for the barrell???is the key reader part of it or the black plastic surround???its the way ive gotta go i think....:( gutted

2lude

Post by 2lude » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:04 pm

if your key goes in and works thier is no problem with the barrell its self so dont replace that if you do replace the parts get what is needed and i found it easier on my accord of the same age to replace the entire steering columbe it would just meen you have your origianl keys for the doors and a new ignition key

andy_d

Post by andy_d » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:38 pm

i have this anyway dude.....i have a black honda key for ignition,2 silver for doors and boot.........so if thats the case......if i get a 5th gen uk or jdm take steering column complete barrell the job lot with keys......it is just plug and play.....i knw my spoon ecu isnt coded it will learn the codes.......thats all i need????really clutching at straws guys but uve all bin a great help!!!i will buy u all a drink at ameet....(coke or water) of ur choice lol :)

2lude

Post by 2lude » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:28 pm

I am not certain at what other bits you will need my knewledge is based on an accord same security system and my problem was differnt to yours

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”