Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

question about bulb cariers on 4g

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
Dbo
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G

question about bulb cariers on 4g

Post by Dbo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:56 pm

got a spare set of rear bulb carriers for the 4th gen that someone needs but his lude is UKDM. the spare set i have i think came off the 2.3i i had (but can't remember for sure)
but compared them today with my JDM ones and they look the same :oops:
blue box fitted to the n/s one and brown box fitted to the o/s one. i feel the UKDM ones do not have the blue box and different wireing :(
can anybody confirm this for me please.

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:00 pm

Those boxes are the dead bulb detection system. Pretty sure they're interchangeable. Failing that, you can bypass the bulb warning lamp easily enough.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Dbo
LotM Winner

Post by Dbo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:09 pm

that is the problem we are having. on lb a new member bought Blossom's old lude and was told it was a JDM so he has been having a lot of trouble with his 4ws light, so he found a set of rear clusters and carriers from a scrap BB4 and he can either have 4ws light on and rear lights or 4ws light off and no rear lights.
so when i looked at Blossoms threads it turns out his lude is UKDM with a hell of a lot of JDM bits fitted, hence the problem he is having by fitting JDM bulb carriers.
so he needs a set of UKDM carriers and his problem is solved ;)
don't want to drive a long way to fit my spare set just to find out i have gone with JDM ones and dissapoint him in the process ;)

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Woah man, not sure that's the bulb carriers causing that! I have a UKDM lude. I'll get some pics of the carriers tomorrow.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Just realised you can see my offside carrier in this wiki entry:

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/wiki/in ... ning_light

Dbo
LotM Winner

Post by Dbo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:31 pm

its the other one i needed to see sorry :oops:
i know when i swapped the rear lights from my ukdm to the jdm they didn't work as the bulb carriers were different set up and i had same problem as him till i realized and put the jdm carriers in the new clusters.
i feel sure that ukdm ones do not have the blue box on the passenger side?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:58 am

Dbo wrote:its the other one i needed to see sorry :oops:
i know when i swapped the rear lights from my ukdm to the jdm they didn't work as the bulb carriers were different set up and i had same problem as him till i realized and put the jdm carriers in the new clusters.
i feel sure that ukdm ones do not have the blue box on the passenger side?
Either that or it might be a pre-facelift, post-facelift change I suppose. Will get a piccy of the nearside at lunch if the rain holds off!

Dbo
LotM Winner

Post by Dbo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:07 am

you are a star m8 ;)
didn't think of that, you could be right was trying to put ukdm facelift 2.3i on to pre-facelift jdm 2.2 Si :)
have just tried them on my car and all worked ok till i put it in reverse and the n/s main light went out, took it out of reverse and it came back on.
but my lude didn't throw a cel light? so me thinks that the blue box on this set of carriers is confirgered differently or thats the hope anyway ;)

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”