Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

brake lamp and handbrake warning lights both on,, HELP

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
Vtecmec
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:17 pm

I removed it and cleaned all the metal contacts, this worked for about 6 months till it happened again. After that I replaced it and problem solved pernanently.

I realised the issue whilst I was cleaning the car and wiggling the boot release lever showed cause and effect with the dash lights.

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:12 pm

well i will give that a go as i need to adjust the boot closing anyway
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:27 pm

firstlude wrote:not wishing to be rude indigolemon but dont think you have read my first post :lol: :lol: that was the first thing i did
Ah sorry man, wasn't sure what you meant by rear light link :lol:
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:37 pm

after studying the wiring diagram it looks like there are relays in the rear lights which seem to keep a negative feed back upto the dash keeping the warning lights out until a bulb goes out which then causes the warning light to come on hence why you ground the white/green wire to keep the light out , so i am thinking maybe my dash cluster is faulty
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:11 pm

woop woop finally cured this fault turned out to be a faulty dash cluster :D seems weird driving my lude now with them warning lights finally out

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”