Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

4th gen headlights whats going on they are rubbish

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
Space1999
My Generation: 3G

Post by Space1999 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:29 pm

LED bulbs not legal in the UK. VOSA pulled my mate over and told him he wouldn't be insured in the event of an accident with them in.

firstlude
My Generation: 4G

Post by firstlude » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:03 pm

are you sure about this i have been taking cars for mots with leds fitted and never had any issues , i also take trucks for vosa mots with leds fitted any never had any issues you sure its not because they where the wrong colour ones fitted that will get you in trouble
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

Space1999
My Generation: 3G

Post by Space1999 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:02 am

Yes. Lights must be fitted with bulbs for which they were designed. Not all MOT testers are aware of all the regs, and some deliberately look the other way if they like you – or are 'easy going' by nature. But technically, you have to have original bulbs in, just as your tyres must be the correct, specified size, etc. Practically speaking Plod is unlikely to pull you, but if you are pulled or involved in an accident, then you're on your own and the insurance company assessor is trained to spot this sort of thing. Personally I just use Osram Night Breaker Unlimiteds and keep my headlamp lenses clean; that's good enough.

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”