Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Headlight Issue

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
Jackson Bondy
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Jacksb4

Headlight Issue

Post by Jackson Bondy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:39 am

Hi all,

Had the drivers side headlight bulb blow this week. Took the bulb out, bulb is fine and not blown, put the bulb in the connector and it works fine again. :?:
I figure it was just a loose connection but no, when I reinstall the light properly it doesn't work again. Then noticed that now the passenger side bulb will only go to daylight running and not fully on when you turn the switch on the stalk all the way. So now I only have the passenger side light. Full beams work fine.

Inspected both headlight fuses under the bonnet (both fine) and tried the headlight relay in another Lude - headlights work fine.

Any ideas before I start ripping apart the car looking for issues?

Cheers
'99 BB8 Motegi (H22A8)

newkid
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz

Post by newkid » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Connectors have dried out. Can get replacements on eBay if your handy with a soldering iron.

Jackson Bondy
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Jacksb4

Post by Jackson Bondy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:35 pm

newkid wrote:Connectors have dried out. Can get replacements on eBay if your handy with a soldering iron.
I take it you mean the ones that go into the lights themselves? I'll have a look, thanks :)

Decided to swap the bulb to be sure and it has just stopped working for some reason as the new bulb works fine. Dug the others out and the car has damaged one and blown four bulbs in the space of a week - both full beams, both headlights and a side light. Possible but I'm definitely thinking something else is up there.
'99 BB8 Motegi (H22A8)

newkid
Supporter 2016
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz

Post by newkid » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:39 pm

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-H4-3-Pin-H ... Ciid%253A1

These. Had same problem on my 4th. Wiggle the old connector and light should come on. Even giving the light a wee thump sometimes does the trick.

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Post by vanzep » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:45 pm

yeah headlight dried out/corroded headlight connectors can cause quite a few problems but only a few quid to replace with new ones....
but you say there might be another issue - only similar issue ive had with ludes is recently i forgot to plug the fog light switch back in after working on the centre armrest console - this effected the headlights etc so maybe check all switches in the cabin are properly connected - maybe just unplug them and plug them back in. As soon as i connected the fog light switch all lights worked as they should.
hoepfully that will do the trick ;)
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”