Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

4G Front Speakers and Tweeters question

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
uberNoobZA
My Generation: 4G

Post by uberNoobZA » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:02 am

Just a follow up on this...

As wurlycorner suggested, the way to get this done was to install the crossover behind the headunit, and then feed wires to the new tweeters. As I have an amp driving all my speaker in the boot, I had to do the following -

1 - Run RCAs from headunit to AMP in boot
2 - Run speakers wires from head unit back to the wiring loom in behind the headunit
3 - Feed speaker wire from AMP into the crossovers behind the headunit
4 - Cut the speaker standard speaker wires (just behind headunit) and splice the 'woofer' feed from crossover into these wires (thus using existing wiring for front speakers, and not having to battle with that horrible wiring grommet in the door)
5 - Feed separate wires from crossover 'tweeter' output to the newly installed tweeters in the dash

All quite simple really, without having to run new speaker wires to door speakers, and if I remove the headunit, AMP and aftermarket tweeters, I simply splice back the existing wiring. Obviously it's not hte optimal solution, as that speaker wiring into the doors is ancient, but it works fine, and I don;t have massive speakers and AMP in this setup, so they'll do

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”