Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

4th gen headlights

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
manfrommark
My Generation: 4G

4th gen headlights

Post by manfrommark » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:34 pm

I noticed that although main and dipped beam bulbs are fitted to the headlights only the dipped beam side is wired, when main beam is selected the spots come on but the dipped remain as they are, is it possible to wire the main beam side of the headlights via the positive from the spots to activate the main beam along with the spots or would this bring an overload?

firstlude

4th gen headlights

Post by firstlude » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:11 pm

i to have noticed this and have thought about wiring in a relay to switch the other light on but my only concern is with the heat from the extra light would this after time melt the housing .
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

4th gen headlights

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:21 am

manfrommark wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:34 pm
I noticed that although main and dipped beam bulbs are fitted to the headlights only the dipped beam side is wired, when main beam is selected the spots come on but the dipped remain as they are, is it possible to wire the main beam side of the headlights via the positive from the spots to activate the main beam along with the spots or would this bring an overload?
Sounds like someone has already messed with the wiring to swap the main beam to the fogs (for some reason) so have a look at what they've done and you may be able to just reverse it and put it back to standard.

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”