Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Alternator issue?

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
Drax
My Generation: 4G

Alternator issue?

Post by Drax » Tue May 07, 2019 9:30 pm

so, after a number of shitty weeks i finally get to have a very quick pop in the lude...

BUT

i only get to tec it briefly when the speedo & rev counter starts going nuts....hmm ok. a little further on things like the elec windows go very very slow to close and the dash no longer has a back light. hmmm right, heading straight home (after literally 3 mins drive), the rev and speedo needle have stopped working now and i get most of the way home and she cuts out. wont restart, just clicks. manage to push it forward and jump start it but most electrical stuff i think doesnt work....get around the corner from the house and it cuts out again...roll it onto the drive.

i suspect the alternator is fudged - ive never replaced it and all seems to be that which is the issue to me so ill buy a brand new one.

do we agree or could i have overlooked something?

cheers.
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

Drax
My Generation: 4G

Alternator issue?

Post by Drax » Wed May 08, 2019 1:28 pm

Scratch that :roll: alternator cable had popped off :lol: the clip that holds it on has snapped at some point and it had worked it's way loose. Easy fix!
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Alternator issue?

Post by NafemanNathan » Wed May 08, 2019 3:42 pm

:lol: I did a similar thing on the way to Beaulieu last year! I pulled up at the meeting point just out side Beaulieu and quite literally cut out as I rolled into a parking space (Didn't even make it all the way in! :lol: ). Turns out I hadn't reconnected the terminal connector back on to the alternator after replacing my cam cover the day before :oops: Made the whole 1hr 45 journey just on the battery with a quick toilet stop at a McDonalds on route though! Couldn't have timed it any better :lol:

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”