Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Front speakers 5th gen

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Front speakers 5th gen

Post by RattyMcClelland » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:55 pm

ATR84 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:28 pm
Cheers @RattyMcClelland I am going to owe you a beer or 3 after all this :). Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it :thumbup:

So, yes the rears can be balanced from left to right and faded from back to front and vice versa.

Does this mean all is good and I just need to change the speakers? If so, what connectors do I need to buy so whatever speakers I buy can be plugged into those oem connectors?
So yes you are all good. Not acoustic feedback wiring issues.
I suspect the OEM speaker connectors have been rewired to fit the aftermarket speakers. You should first unplug AT the speaker side. The rears looks like spade connectors. I cant see the fronts midbass so remove those and check, but likely spade connectors. Check the tweeter too. Spade connectors just pull out. The tweeter could be an oem.

Aftermarket speakers usually have push terminals on expensive sets or spade connectors on normal priced sets. So apart from physically fitting the speaker into the hole the connectors should be plug and play.

The chap who has your car on japan side of things clearly wanted a reversible setup.

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Front speakers 5th gen

Post by ATR84 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:46 pm

@RattyMcClelland

Spade connections all round......except the tweeters, I think they left the stock tweeters in there. So, what do I need to with this when I come to fit the new tweeters?

And finally, what do you think of Audison Prima speakers? I was recommended them by the audio person who was originally going to come and do all this, until lockdown kicked in. They apparently sound really good when not amped but they are also good enough, should I wish to amp them in the future.

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Front speakers 5th gen

Post by RattyMcClelland » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:33 pm

Just unplug the tweeters if you are not using them. The wiring will have to be changed anyway as the wiring going to the midbass will go to you new speakers crossover box. This will then have fresh wiring to the new tweeters and midbass.

Audison speakers are very good. I use an audison flat 8" bmw subwoofer in the footwell of the s660.

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Front speakers 5th gen

Post by ATR84 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:33 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:33 pm
Just unplug the tweeters if you are not using them. The wiring will have to be changed anyway as the wiring going to the midbass will go to you new speakers crossover box. This will then have fresh wiring to the new tweeters and midbass.

Audison speakers are very good. I use an audison flat 8" bmw subwoofer in the footwell of the s660.
All sounds a bit beyond me haha. Might have to wait for the professionals to be available again.

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”