Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

prelude fusebox accessory connectors

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
Scott560
My Generation: 5G

Post by Scott560 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:08 pm

Getting around to a few jobs, and I need to rewire my front fog lights and folding mirrors.

Conveniently, on the interior fusebox by the accelerator are some unused accessory connectors, perm live and switched live with ignition. Perfect for what I need (i can then finally rip out all the strange feeds that were used for the old alarm).

Anyways, the question is, what is the name of the connector? Its honda specific, but a quick search throws up nothing.

If you look at this fusebox on ebay, the connectors are marked 5+1, single pin each. Smaller/thinner than a normal spade terminal... i guess i could just squash a spade terminal to bite more now i think about it...

https://www.ebay.com/i/173798671247?chn=ps

Thanks in advance.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

km666
PSN GamerTag: fargoneonone

Post by km666 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:56 pm

My fog wiring kit came with the connectors, they're square 2 pin items that clip in and have a tab to release. I just had a look in that area and there is a green unused one on mine. Thats the type of connector you want.
-KM666

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:40 pm

I've seen it referred to as an 'option clip' , but I guess these are hard to come buy , the market for correctly wired honda accessories dried up a fair while ago.

They should be single connectors. pictured here with 2 wires, but just a single conductor.

http://www.civic-eg.com/causeforalarm/v ... n_plug.jpg

If anyone see's any about, i'll take em!
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:43 am

Gave up trying to find any of those connectors - and gave up trying to squash a spade terminal to make decent connection aswell.

Since the fog light power needed is just powering a relay, i took the 12v switched live from the stereo side (now i cant leave my front fogs on by mistake, previously wired into perm live). For the folding mirrors, I took the perm live from the radio loom also. Fused, and very low power items so i'm not worried. Got my OE front fog light switch wired in as part of the deal, happy days, needed a new warning bulb though.

Finished ripping out the rest of the old alarm wiring - holy moly - don't think i've ever removed an alarm that has ever been soldered in. Its all just twist and tape, this must have been about the 5th alarm I've taken out like this - no wonder they start playing up after 10 years+. They had thankfully lubed one of the multiplugs which made inserting/removing a bit easier.

Also found a cd multichanger cable amongst the mess, further investigation found 4 self tapper holes in the boot floor - so that'll explain the condensation on the back window, just gotta fill over the holes now.

Still glad - to have a bit of time at home and no need to use the car - means i can get a few jobs done that would otherwise be impractical.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Anzezaf

Post by Anzezaf » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:04 pm

I used a spade terminal without any hassle and it's been holding onto the connector for about a year now. Perhaps you used a wrong type? :wtf:

Anyways @Scott560 , I recall you helped me out a great deal by once sending me a 4WS sensor, and I'm wondering if you have any other prelude parts on hand?
My SRS unit / SRS computer is acting up and throwing random codes.. You have one to spare by any chance?

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:58 pm

I just checked my box of bits, ABS/BODY/ENGINE but no srs ecu. but there is a chap breaking a prelude around the corner. I'll drop him a message and see if he would be willing to remove it and post it. Remind me which country you live in again?

Where in the car is it located? It must be tucked away somewhere as I removed as many good buts as I could see, but its not in my box of bits...
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Anzezaf

Post by Anzezaf » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:15 am

I'm from Slovenia mate, and yeah if asking him wouldn't be too much of a hassle that'd be awesome :clap:

The unit is located behind and below the head unit / stereo and is supposedly a bit of pain to get out :s

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:25 am

I've asked him - he will reply by the end of the day i'm sure. I've asked him how much for the item, postage for small items is not too much. I will let you know whether he wants paying direct, or if he wants me to remove it. I will pass it on no charge of course (international classic car parts broker - new job title!).

Will update you later.

Cheers,

Scott
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Anzezaf

Post by Anzezaf » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:49 am

Thanks Scott, you're the best :!:

BTW: I just remembered I once ordered some parts from a breaking red prelude from UK.. The guy now stripped the chassis to the bare bones and is from Colchester.. We talking about the same guy perhaps? :D

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:25 am

no its not him, he is walking distance from my house - he hasn't read my message from yesterday, but i'm sure he will get back to me soon.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”