Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Central Locking??

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
Hagland-BB4
My Generation: 4G

Central Locking??

Post by Hagland-BB4 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:06 pm

bennyboy wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:46 pm
@Hagland-BB4 Sorry if this is a bit late, but the UK 4th gens came with a Hamilton and Palmer alarm system - I know this because way back when I bought mine, the central locking was done from the key, then a single button fob alarmed the system, I wanted everything actuated from the button press so went to Crown Honda in Bushey and they went through the records and gave me the contact details of the firm that had the contract - Hamilton and Palmer.
They were really helpful, supplied the few extra bits I needed, an extra fob and a couple of extra fob boxes for measure.

Hope this helps!
Wow cool. When did you do this, was it recent, i have a 1 button fob which works to alarm/immobilise but i don't use it. The key only opens 1 door. Very frustrating to be honest
Now
1994 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Sebring Silver - NH552M)
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Milano Red - R81)
1993 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 SI VTEC (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

Then
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Championship Whte - NH0)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 (Phantom Grey - NH561P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Granada Black - NH503P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 4WS (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Central Locking??

Post by bennyboy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:21 am

Hagland-BB4 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:06 pm
bennyboy wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:46 pm
@Hagland-BB4 Sorry if this is a bit late, but the UK 4th gens came with a Hamilton and Palmer alarm system - I know this because way back when I bought mine, the central locking was done from the key, then a single button fob alarmed the system, I wanted everything actuated from the button press so went to Crown Honda in Bushey and they went through the records and gave me the contact details of the firm that had the contract - Hamilton and Palmer.
They were really helpful, supplied the few extra bits I needed, an extra fob and a couple of extra fob boxes for measure.

Hope this helps!
Wow cool. When did you do this, was it recent, i have a 1 button fob which works to alarm/immobilise but i don't use it. The key only opens 1 door. Very frustrating to be honest
It was probably 18 years ago... :o
That said, H+P are still going I think: https://www.hamilton-palmer.co.uk/

From memory, I had to buy an 'actuator' (the solenoid for the drivers door) and a little box to enable the central locking on alarm function.
That plugs into the alarm ECU, which itself lives in the passenger foot well, against the left hand side. Hopefully yours is the same!

I may even still have the paperwork from then...
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

Hagland-BB4

Central Locking??

Post by Hagland-BB4 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:03 pm

Still haven't got this sorted, the only time i have needed to used the button on the fob is when I changed the battery, the car wouldn't start until I pressed this button.
Other than then I just use the key to unlock the drivers door and start the car, the fob stays in the storage console.
Now
1994 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Sebring Silver - NH552M)
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Milano Red - R81)
1993 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 SI VTEC (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

Then
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Championship Whte - NH0)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 (Phantom Grey - NH561P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Granada Black - NH503P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 4WS (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

Scott560
My Generation: 5G

Central Locking??

Post by Scott560 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:46 pm

Any honda i've come into contact with that had any kind of 'added' alarm, has had it removed permanently. They only ever fail, cause trouble intermittently or confuse issues because rarely would anyone have a similar one and know all the ins and outs of its operation.

Once its all removed, any tampered/damaged wiring becomes obvious, and then you can work on putting the car back to OEM setup working, or put in a new alarm system. Might be hard to get hold of compete matching 4th gen parts to get the OEM central locking to work.

Fitting a new alarm system is a reasonable effort to go through, seat out, on your back for a day joining wires into a tight loom and finding somewhere to stuff a small box and sensors - its no fun for sure (fitted a toad alarm to a rover 420gsi turbo once, a long day). There is no certificate if you install it yourself so no insurance benefit. Paying to have one installed makes some sense - you will get the instructions, a full run down on its usage/operation/interaction with the car, and an approval certificate if you so need it.

If the 4th gen has a transponder immobiliser in the key, then I don't see the point of an alarm too much.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”