Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Remove Km/h - Mph Odometer Conversion 4th Gen

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
irishwhale
My Generation: 4G

Post by irishwhale » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:44 am

Hi all,

Car in question is a 1995 bb4. When it was brought in in 2000, was converted from Km/h to MPH but am wanting to return it back to Km/h for originality.

Anyone got any idea how I might do this? Where I might start looking even?

Thanks in advance!

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:38 pm

Have the clocks been swapped out, or has the signal been altered and a sticker put over the kph?

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Post by vanzep » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:16 pm

my old 1994 BB4 which was imported in 2000 had a kmh/mph convertor chip hidden behind the dash speaker on the drivers side - my BB1 has one fitted down at ecu in the passenger footwell. most imports will have the chip fitted and a mph sticker put over the km so ideally it should be just a case of removing the chip and making the wiring good and removing the mph sticker from the speedo. That way you will be keeping the original speedo in place albeit showing less km than it should be reading.
Here is a link to a convertor chip on ebay - so you know what your looking for - there are a few different versions but all are similar shape/size. :)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPEEDO-CONVE ... SwyQtVpOt1
edit: i also remember someone saying that the chip can be fitted at the vss on the gearbox in the engine bay but i would check the other places ive mentioned first
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

irishwhale

Post by irishwhale » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:13 am

vanzep wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:16 pm
my old 1994 BB4 which was imported in 2000 had a kmh/mph convertor chip hidden behind the dash speaker on the drivers side - my BB1 has one fitted down at ecu in the passenger footwell. most imports will have the chip fitted and a mph sticker put over the km so ideally it should be just a case of removing the chip and making the wiring good and removing the mph sticker from the speedo. That way you will be keeping the original speedo in place albeit showing less km than it should be reading.
Here is a link to a convertor chip on ebay - so you know what your looking for - there are a few different versions but all are similar shape/size. :)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPEEDO-CONVE ... SwyQtVpOt1
edit: i also remember someone saying that the chip can be fitted at the vss on the gearbox in the engine bay but i would check the other places ive mentioned first
Fantastic, I'll have a route around and see what I can find. Thanks for the info, I know what to look for now :thumbup:

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”