Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Sumitomo plugs

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
yorke58
My Generation: 5G

Sumitomo plugs

Post by yorke58 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:47 pm

Hi has anyone got any of these or know where to get them in the UK.
It's for the empty slots in the fuse box. I know you can just use spade connectors but If I can get hold of them it'll be better.

Cheers

Scott560

Sumitomo plugs

Post by Scott560 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:51 am

I had a thread similar here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23454

You can get them, but I never saw any in the UK, only US or ali express - couldn't be bothered to wait.

If you are looking to power foglights, then you can easily power a relay from the existing feeds that power the radio - a perm live and a switched live are there (don't use the perm, the light on the OEM foglight switch is so out of the way, you will never see that you left them on!). The power for the fog lights themselves I took from the under bonnet fuse box, simply piggybacking off of one of the screw terminals. This then fed a fused link to the relay which I mounted by the airbox, the output feeds the fogs, and then grounded my fogs on the bonnet centre support.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

yorke58

Sumitomo plugs

Post by yorke58 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:20 pm

I've fitted fogs, parking sensors and over taking sensors.(only mod cons I'm fitting) just don't like just using spade end when I know there connectors for then.
Yeah found them from USA but it's silly money to import.
Local scrap man says there's a accord and civic in so taking snips with me a d hopely I can find some :lolno:
Shame there's none in uk

Cheers

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”