Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Image

Rear fog light 5th gen

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
Post Reply
User avatar
vanzep
Supporter 2016
Posts: 6569
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:38 pm
My Generation: 4G
Location: Edinburgh
Has thanked: 181 times
Been thanked: 241 times

Rear fog light 5th gen

Post by vanzep » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:08 am

I would like to get rid of the square aftermarket fog light at the back of my 5th gen
Is it possible to relocate the fog light into the rear light cluster like you can do in the 4th gen?

Any thoughts on rear fog light for 5th gen considered - what have other 5g owners done/got :)
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

ek9sid
Supporter 2015
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:20 pm
My Generation: 5G
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Rear fog light 5th gen

Post by ek9sid » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:16 am

I've seen the reverse light trick done before (like on 4gs).

When I had mine, I did toy with the idea of converting the tail light only bulbs into fogs using twin filaments. Just never got round to doing it

BB9_Damski
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:24 pm
My Generation: 5G
Been thanked: 4 times

Rear fog light 5th gen

Post by BB9_Damski » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:22 pm

vanzep wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:08 am
I would like to get rid of the square aftermarket fog light at the back of my 5th gen
Is it possible to relocate the fog light into the rear light cluster like you can do in the 4th gen?

Any thoughts on rear fog light for 5th gen considered - what have other 5g owners done/got :)
I was thinking about doing a similar thing to my 5th gen as I love clean body lines... my Uni Holidays is soon and I might toy with some ideas, I'll get back to you on it

User avatar
RattyMcClelland
Moderator
Posts: 9121
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:02 pm
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland
Location: Leicestershire
Been thanked: 148 times

Rear fog light 5th gen

Post by RattyMcClelland » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:27 pm

Mine uses the right reverse light as a fog light from when it was imported.
Originally it was red transparent painted reverse light bulb but now it's a red LED reverse light in the same bulb size. Just the fog light wiring going to it.
Image

BB9_Damski
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:24 pm
My Generation: 5G
Been thanked: 4 times

Rear fog light 5th gen

Post by BB9_Damski » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:37 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:27 pm
Mine uses the right reverse light as a fog light from when it was imported.
Originally it was red transparent painted reverse light bulb but now it's a red LED reverse light in the same bulb size. Just the fog light wiring going to it.
I had the idea of having both the Reverse and Fog wiring running to both (Symetry) then wiring in Microcontroller to Handle the swap from reverse to fogs, where Reverse has priority

Will update with results

User avatar
K30DPC
LotM Winner
Posts: 1039
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:45 am
My Generation: 4G
Location: GB/Poland
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Rear fog light 5th gen

Post by K30DPC » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:17 pm

Microcontroller? For what? The easiest and cheapest way is to use relay. For a bit more complexity 2 transistors and a few resistors. But why you wanna bring a connon to kill a fly 🤣🤣🤣

BB9_Damski
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:24 pm
My Generation: 5G
Been thanked: 4 times

Rear fog light 5th gen

Post by BB9_Damski » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:05 pm

K30DPC wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:17 pm
Microcontroller? For what? The easiest and cheapest way is to use relay. For a bit more complexity 2 transistors and a few resistors. But why you wanna bring a connon to kill a fly 🤣🤣🤣
I'm not that well Versed in Electronics as of now Matey, I appreciate the input but would like a little less of the attitude :D

User avatar
chris_rd92
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:42 pm
My Generation: 5G
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Rear fog light 5th gen

Post by chris_rd92 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:12 pm

Just came here to post exactly the same question, so this is convenient! :D

I've got a JDM bumper on the way from Japan and would like avoid refitting the square fog light. I'm also not worried about symmetry, so could I get away with simply swapping out the driver's side reverse bulb with a red fog bulb and then rerouting the wiring for it? I haven't compared the bulb sizes yet but just thought I'd ask in case anyone already knows?

Cheers

Post Reply

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”