Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Speedo Problems

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
Rich
Pickle Rich
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: richardofeston

Speedo Problems

Post by Rich » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I've just noticed a problem with my speedo where the trip counter is ticking up even when the car is stood still. The engine doesn't even need to be running - it does it with just the electrics on.

I don't know how long this has been happening but it will explain why my trip counter always seems to record distances longer than they actually are/should be. I initially thought my odometer was still clocking up in KMH even when the dials show MPH but when I did a recent 9 mile journey it came up as 12 - which isn't even the mile to kilometer conversion - so it can't be.

AFAIK it is just the UKDM electroluminescent dials which has been fitted onto a JDM car; I can't see any KMH/MPH converter anywhere (unless it is hidden away behind something). It isn't behind the tweeter cover, the only thing there is the control unit for the EL dials.

Any ideas what the problem is or how I can sort it?

Thanks in advance
Rich :)

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Could be an issue internal to the clocks themselves man :( There won't be a need for a converter if the dials are UKDM.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Rich
Pickle Rich
PSN GamerTag: richardofeston

Post by Rich » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:01 am

Cheers Buddy.
I thought that was the case but wasn't sure. I guess I'll have to try and source another set of UKDM EL dials to test out.

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”