Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Car Alarms on Imports

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
jjmartin349571
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: jjm349571

Car Alarms on Imports

Post by jjmartin349571 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi folks,

Just wondering what alarms other people with imported ludes have?

I'm only wondering as I'm finding it a real pain in the arse to find more remotes for my Sigma M30 after my girlfriend snapped the only remote :evil: I understand that I need a SIGAC38 or maybe a SIGAC110 but tbh most of the information online seems to be rubbish and patchy :( anyone know somewhere I can get replacements cheap? Best I've found that look to be new is £27 for a SIGAC110 but not sure if it's compatible? I've read conflicting information :?

jjmartin349571
Supporter 2016

Post by jjmartin349571 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:22 pm

Ok well I bit the bullet and now have an answer to my own question. If you have a Sigma M30 alarm and need a new remote, get the SIGAC110. I just picked up mine from the post office and it works a treat. Smaller and neater than the old remote too 8-)

So, on to question 2... :lol:

My Sigma alarm no longer controls the lock on the drivers door :? It only locks/unlocks the passenger door. The OEM central locking does work though, if I flick the rocker switch both doors lock/unlock. Same if I use the key in the door, or the actual plastic lock pin on the driver's side. So why doesn't it lock from the alarm then??? Anyone else had this? I had it intermittently a while back but it cured itself, now it's come back again :(

*edit:

I should probably add it's not the new remote that caused the onset of this, it was happening before I programmed another remote in.

Rich
Pickle Rich
PSN GamerTag: richardofeston

Post by Rich » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:34 pm

I don't know much about central locking but just a guess - maybe it uses separate actuators rather than just controlling the master (drivers door side), and perhaps the drivers side one is dodgy? I'd remove the door card & check wires aren't loose etc.

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:19 pm

It sounds to me like the actuator in the drivers door is playing up.
When I got mine, it had a factory alarm, and central locking, but separate entities.
I found out the alarms were supplied and fitted by Hamilton and Palmer, contacted them and it required an extra actuator in the drivers door and a small module (you already have this feature in place though it seems)

HTH

Edit to say: remember when you lock from the key or the drivers door switch, you are not using the actuator in the drivers door, only the passenger side, that's what leads me to believe that its a good place to start.
Door card off, usually a small piston looking device, two wires. May just have an iffy contact?
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

jjmartin349571
Supporter 2016

Post by jjmartin349571 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Ok, took a look at the locking with the door card off and it looks like the drivers side solenoid isn't working :( I can't check the connection or test it with 12v as it's actually inside the door, not just behind the doorcard. Does anyone know how to get to it?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:54 pm

JDM - will be part of the door lock mech. You'll need to remove all the rods and unscrew it from the door, then feed it out.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”