Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

brake lights

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
littlefeller
My Generation: 4G

brake lights

Post by littlefeller » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:02 am

has anyone ever looped out the brake light failure sensor, i think mine is fried

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:04 am

BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:11 am

OMG of couse, i converted the right reat reverse lamp and put in an LED bulb, but then why does my left rear brake light not work and the warning light stays on? the bulb is ok, i checked. i also wired up the spoiler light at the same time as fitting the fog, but disconected it again after the warning light came on, but now no left rear brake light :evil:

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:15 am

Difference resistances in the bulbs I think, the lamp failure bulb works off resistance.
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:39 am

well would you addam and eve it, i ran the sensor test from the michels manual (grounding the sensor wires one by one and checking) yep left sensor failure, but had to go to post office and now both brake lights are working again WTF :D do these sensors reset them selves if grounded? :?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:11 pm

littlefeller wrote:well would you addam and eve it, i ran the sensor test from the michels manual (grounding the sensor wires one by one and checking) yep left sensor failure, but had to go to post office and now both brake lights are working again WTF :D do these sensors reset them selves if grounded? :?
Nah, they just get old and flakey and work when they feel like it. Keep an eye on it man, they're a real pita!
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:06 pm

well i have driven it 5 times now, still no silly light on the dash and both brake lights are working. seem odd now as i have had the silly light on for 9 months, now its gone. :D

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”