Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

wiring up fog lights

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
BMCC
My Generation: 5G

wiring up fog lights

Post by BMCC » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi all,

So I have got a set of fog lights but I am having a problem with the internal wiring harness. There are two orange bullet connectors on there but I can only find one for the external wiring harness. Should there be two? If only one which should it be, I have tried them both but it doesn't make a difference. I checked the earth on the external wire and I can hear the relay click when the fog button button is pushed. The fog lights just don't light up! Any ideas?

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:41 pm

I couldnt find the right orange wire. Do you have the internal and external harnesses?

I didnt have any harnesses but made my ones myself:
http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/honda-p ... -t262.html
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

BMCC

Re: wiring up fog lights

Post by BMCC » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Yes I have both the internal & external harnesses but the internal harness has 2 male orange bullet connectors and I can only find one female connector in the footwell! Its a complete bitch down in the footwell but despite pulling things to bit I can only find one connector. Why would there be 2?

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:15 am

I would assune that the two orange wires corresponds to both the left and right fog lights. I know there are two orange wires in the footwell, you just have to find them. Failing that the only alternative is to run you own wires. This may mean that you need to make your own external harness as well.

BMCC

Post by BMCC » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:41 pm

MMM if there are 2 wires in there then unfortuantely I couldn't find them. Another job for the weekend then but it is a PITA to work down in the footwell.... :x

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:49 pm

Im sure one was tucked right away in the upper corner. It may be worth removing your drivers seat to get better access. Do you have the wire that comes from the fuse tray?

BMCC

Post by BMCC » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:19 pm

I have got the one that is right up in the corner near where the loom enters the car. There is another wire from the fuse tray? Never seen one there. I'll pop out to the car and have a look.

BMCC

Post by BMCC » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Can't see any wire on the fuse tray. The one up to top right I have but can't see the one you are talking about. Do you know where in relation to the fuse box this wire is?

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:41 pm

According to the install instructions of the OEM style fogs there should be an orange wire that comes out right next to the fuse tray:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... vg&cad=rja

However another personal write up says the wire you want is next to the firewall wrapped in black tape:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/prelud ... lights.pdf

Other than this I dont think I can give any further assistance on how to find the right wire. Personally I would run a new wire.

BMCC

Post by BMCC » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Different harness to what I have for the switch harness. If only there were some uk fog light instructions on the net instead of JDM or USDM!

Cheers anyway.

BMCC

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”