Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

DSP wiring: 3 unknown wires

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
PreludeBB2
My Generation: 4G

Post by PreludeBB2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:18 am

Hi There.. Sorry For my last reply. I think something has problem.. My name is Ozan and I am from Izmir - Turkey. We have active Prelude Club in here. Few parts but very very prelude lowers. I have some problems about my DSP Unit. I like too add some extra OEM equipment to my car. I like OEM Sound Systems and Radios too. By this way ı find and bought a DSP Unit.

My main problem is its sound realy very low and some hissing sound at the background always. I searched and ispected it when ı first bought it. I saw its Dolby Sound Chip and its main sound power chips is burned. I find these integrated chips and change it. But my problem didnt solved. I found an electronic technician. He change these chips for me.. But now radios 5-6 channels didnt work. Its a really complex problem for me.. My technician says its need an amplifier and this system is designed for used with en amplifier. Its right. This systems work with OEM JDM Amplifier. But I want to use it with Aftermarket modern techs pioneer and sony amplifiers.

I am not a noob and en experienced Preluder but this kind of electronic works is beyond my ability. I am not an electronician.. :) What must I do my friends. Please help.. I upload a video of my unit. And I give ours club forum, face link and my youtube page link.. Thanks..

This is my DSP Unit

This is my Youtube Channel about my Prelude:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbct7W ... 857R6jRbUw

This is our forum:
http://www.hondapreludeclub.com/

and this is our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/109992862404984/

Thanks and Best Regards

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Ah, thats better :D
Welcome.
I wish I could help - the DSP unit in my girlfriends lude does exactly the same as you describe yours as doing.

PreludeBB2

Post by PreludeBB2 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:20 am

wurlycorner wrote:Ah, thats better :D
Welcome.
I wish I could help - the DSP unit in my girlfriends lude does exactly the same as you describe yours as doing.
Thank you very much. :) This problem has made me very busy. I work on it but
I did not find anything useful to do. Maybe ıts a grounding problem or an inner circuit at mainboard.. I really like this DSP units. I want to use it with Sony or Pioneer Amphs. Mixed modern and classic techs. :)

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:42 am

Have you got any pics of the innards and the chips you have already changed and where you found the replacements? Would be interested to see that stuff...

PreludeBB2

Post by PreludeBB2 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:02 am

wurlycorner wrote:Have you got any pics of the innards and the chips you have already changed and where you found the replacements? Would be interested to see that stuff...
Yes I have pics. It was very difficult to find these pieces. I found them in some electronics companies in Bulgaria and Poland. I got the help of some of my Preluder friends living in these countries.

This is the main sound unit chipset

and this is the burned Dolby chipset

I bought this chipsets at KSP Electronic from Bulgaria

I changed these main sound units. Left and Right

and this is the cassette unit.. We have some problem of this unit too.. Its run randomly and didnt work healty.. Maybe ıts a power supply or grounding problem. I changed ıts belt for a new one. It works now but sound is very low or no sound.

Worked but its have more problems ...

I need help from DSP Gurus... :)

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Great stuff, thanks

I must be honest, without having opened the unit to look in it yet... My assumption is that the problem would be down to components that 'age' failing (e.g. electrolytic capacitors) so I was just going to change all those as a matter of course and see where that then left me.

As for working with an external amplifier, the only external amp the system has, is for the bass speaker(the 6x9) mounted between the rear seats. Other than that, it's all just driven straight off the head unit.

PreludeBB2

Post by PreludeBB2 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:52 pm

wurlycorner wrote:Great stuff, thanks

I must be honest, without having opened the unit to look in it yet... My assumption is that the problem would be down to components that 'age' failing (e.g. electrolytic capacitors) so I was just going to change all those as a matter of course and see where that then left me.

As for working with an external amplifier, the only external amp the system has, is for the bass speaker(the 6x9) mounted between the rear seats. Other than that, it's all just driven straight off the head unit.
Yes you are right. We must check all components. But the problem is that I do not know these electronic jobs very well. I need help in this work. I need to know exactly what I need to change. In this forum we have a few friends who specialize in these DSP auto tape systems.

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Post by vanzep » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:04 am

I have a working OEM DSP set up in my BB1 - the same units you have.
I dont use the tape player as i read this leads to heat build up that can cause some issues.
I bought both tape&dsp unit from a seller New Zealand and they worked fine which was lucky - i was offered some help from a forum member if i ran into any difficulties - maybe he would be able to help you bladesux :)
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

PreludeBB2

Post by PreludeBB2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:14 pm

vanzep wrote:I have a working OEM DSP set up in my BB1 - the same units you have.
I dont use the tape player as i read this leads to heat build up that can cause some issues.
I bought both tape&dsp unit from a seller New Zealand and they worked fine which was lucky - i was offered some help from a forum member if i ran into any difficulties - maybe he would be able to help you @bladesux :)
Thank you very much Vanzep. I realy need help about this DSP. Yesterday I bought a more professional AC DC Adapter. Its transforms 220 to 12 and its produce 10 Amper. At this adapter backgorund hissing is reduce but continues. I have some serious problem about this unit. I upload video in here.. Please watch and comment to me.. I want to try bladesux. I send him a private message but he didnt answer or he is not online.. Thanks all of your help.. :)

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Post by vanzep » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:03 pm

ive seen a few of the lower dsp section go up for sale so thats an easier part to find if you cant fix the one you have and youthink thats where the fault lies but the tape/radio section is the really rare part.
wish i could help more...all i can say is the dsp looks very good when all lit up and working...so should be worth it ;)
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”