Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

4th/5th Gen door sills - END: 04 Dec

Where there is quantity, there is discount!
julienh
My Generation: 5G

Post by julienh » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:37 pm

simoncider wrote:Will it be just the aluminium plates and then you fit them to your existing sill? Or will it come as a full replacement sill?
yes it is only about the aluminium plate here, you will have to drill/use rivets to set it or a kind of a "multipurpose adhesive and joint sealant" to glue the alu plate on the plastic door sill.
RattyMcClelland wrote:They look good but the font is wrong IMO so it doesnt look right. If the front was the same as the 4th Gens for 4th gens or wide and flat like the OEM 5th Gen sills then thats better.
We know, the 4th gen original font (this one) is too thin to be carried out by the laser cutting machine. After a poll, this font was selected because it was "close" to 4/5th gen fonts and feasible for the laser cutting machine.
mercutio wrote:ok just looked at the pics and what Ratty says is right plus they look a bit agricultural maybe if the were chromed or anodised?
The sills are "raw" in order to let people decide whether they keep it that way or maybe they want to polish them with Belgom. You can have them anodised but this is not the goal of our GB ;)
Pushki wrote:Aside from having the wrong font, I think you'll have a problem with dirt accumulating underneath, getting in through the holes.
Russiandoorsills :lol:
I have mine since 3 years now and if you do not use the sills as "mud scrapper" as you climb in your car, you won't have so much dirt problems ;)

Please remember that we are proposing a simple product, made to cover plastic door sills, not to replace true-OEM-overpriced-Honda-door-sills :lol:

;)

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:46 pm

A confident pitch in the den has left the dragons mostly impressed, although one of the potential millionaire backers seems confused.

"Hi Julien, I'm Peter."

"Hi Peter."

"Um, it all looks very nice, but there's one thing that bothers me.

Would it not have been easier and cheaper to have them etched?"

julienh

Post by julienh » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 pm

I had to google that picture to understand the reference, we don't have dragons den in France !

I have absolutely no idea of the price to have them etched, therefore no idea if the difference would have been in positive or negative on the proposed price.
The product would have been totally different... We probably would not have been able to see through, great way not to see the dirt, by the way :lol:

JoJo
My Generation: 4G

Post by JoJo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 pm

To give some news, we have now 13 people on the french forum, and i'm going to close the group buy so that I can respect the timeline I announced, if some of you would change their minds about this GB, you should do it fastly ;)

Jordane

simoncider

Post by simoncider » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:24 am

i'm keen.
might work out a bit expensive if i'm the only one over here though!
i'v got a few mates in france, so if it really is just me then i might just get you to post it to them instead...

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:24 am

It's too close to Christmas for me I'm afraid. If you do this again next year I'd likely be interested!
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

JoJo

Post by JoJo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:27 pm

simoncider wrote:i'm keen.
might work out a bit expensive if i'm the only one over here though!
i'v got a few mates in france, so if it really is just me then i might just get you to post it to them instead...
Shipping costs to UK are about 10€ more than in France, so it would be about 40€ = £32 for you, shipping costs included, let me know what do you want to do ;)

indigolemon wrote:It's too close to Christmas for me I'm afraid. If you do this again next year I'd likely be interested!
No problem, we will see next year if we organize another group buy :)

simoncider

Post by simoncider » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:01 pm

pm sent

JoJo

Post by JoJo » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:30 pm

Indigolemon, or another moderator/admin, you can close/lock/delete this topic, GB closed ;)

Jordane

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:37 pm

JoJo wrote:Indigolemon, or another moderator/admin, you can close/lock/delete this topic, GB closed ;)

Jordane
Roger that!
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Return to “Group Buys”