Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Harness bar and strut brace Combo! (£75)

Where there is quantity, there is discount!
Ted
My Generation: 4G

Post by Ted » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:41 am

yeah no problem rob just give us a bell so i can wash a couple of cups out :lol:
if its not before japfest i can bring them with me anyway.

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:44 am

Oh yeah, Japfest is closer than I thought now. We'll see how free we are but it might be easier to grab them at the show. We should have plenty of time in the queues trying to get in! :lol:

Just would be nice to pop to your garage for a chinwag and check out your place. Oh and stick me on the list to teach me to weld one day too! :D
Got a Lidl special arc welder in the garage unopened and crying out to be used to train on. A Mig would have been better, but they are just smaller and cheaper. This one was £35! :shock:

FrontBackSide2Side

Re: Harness bar and strut brace Combo! (£75)

Post by FrontBackSide2Side » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Received mine today and I've got to say you've done a smashing job! i haven't fitted it yet so i can't comment on that but it definitely looks the part. Get your thinking cap on as to what to make next as i wouldn't hesitate to use you again. Thanks mate :-)

Ted

Post by Ted » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:03 pm

nucleustylzlude wrote:Oh yeah, Japfest is closer than I thought now. We'll see how free we are but it might be easier to grab them at the show. We should have plenty of time in the queues trying to get in! :lol:

Just would be nice to pop to your garage for a chinwag and check out your place. Oh and stick me on the list to teach me to weld one day too! :D
Got a Lidl special arc welder in the garage unopened and crying out to be used to train on. A Mig would have been better, but they are just smaller and cheaper. This one was £35! :shock:
throw the arc welder in the skip with phils gasless mig rob unless you want to make a gate for the dogs kennel :lol:
FrontBackSide2Side wrote:Received mine today and I've got to say you've done a smashing job! i haven't fitted it yet so i can't comment on that but it definitely looks the part. Get your thinking cap on as to what to make next as i wouldn't hesitate to use you again. Thanks mate :-)
Thanks fbsts, the others have fitted ok so i can't see no problems.... now i have the new 4th gen and its a little tired it will be handy as a mule for making bits off so any suggestions welcome :)

vtectom

Post by vtectom » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Some sort of roll-over protection behind front seats?

Ted

Post by Ted » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:54 pm

vtectom wrote:Some sort of roll-over protection behind front seats?
actually a full rollcage is on the to do list but its a cost thing, its so expensive to make that its potentially not worth the hassle.
it is if enough people wanted them but then if i had 1 i wouldn't want a dash friendly 1 it would need to be to msa spec. i think most people would want a dash friendly version.

FrontBackSide2Side

Re: Harness bar and strut brace Combo! (£75)

Post by FrontBackSide2Side » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:23 pm

tramroadmotors wrote:
vtectom wrote:Some sort of roll-over protection behind front seats?
actually a full rollcage is on the to do list but its a cost thing, its so expensive to make that its potentially not worth the hassle.
it is if enough people wanted them but then if i had 1 i wouldn't want a dash friendly 1 it would need to be to msa spec. i think most people would want a dash friendly version.
let me know if you do this as im potentially interested. it is also on my to do list :)

Ted

Post by Ted » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:11 pm

FrontBackSide2Side wrote:let me know if you do this as im potentially interested. it is also on my to do list
poll added if your interested take a vote.

and @kemp according to my parcel tracking your harness bar was delivered at 1.30 pm today

Kemp
Supporter 2014

Post by Kemp » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi,

yes it was delivered today only need to cut the metal on saturday and Paint the Car

Thank you so much :)

Ted

Post by Ted » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:42 pm

happy days, give it a good clean its coated in a film of grease to stop it rusting as you wanted bare metal.

Return to “Group Buys”