Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5th Gen Lude 2.0ltr black - Breaking

Whole cars being destroyed so that others may live
theturkv
My Generation: 5G

5th Gen Lude 2.0ltr black - Breaking

Post by theturkv » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:09 am

Hi fellow Ludes :)

Some sad news for me, a week ago i came back from a night shift and found someone did a hit and run job on my car. Its currently with the insurance however pending how much they offer im thinking of buying back and stripping for parts.

Currently i have the following:

Koni Yellow shocks with Eiback springs - only done around 7k miles.
Jap red leather front seats and back and sun visors
Montegi kit (apart from rear as car was hit from behind)
2.0ltr engine with 113k miles, i have changed the belt and water pump at 100k miles.
Full interior
Full body parts apart from the back
Bespoke 17 inch 4 stud split rims

I will post some pictures however if you are interested then just drop me a PM.

Thanks.

theturkv

Post by theturkv » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 pm

Right so i got some bad news this morning, only been offered £600 for the car but what is more frustrating is i dont have the option to buy her back :( they have catagorised it a CAT B. I am extremely pissed off to say the least. I cant even go to the car where they have kept it and take parts off the car which i want. This has been my first experience with having an accident and dealing with insurance companies and the police and i must confess its all a total rip off. That car is my assett which i purchased with my hard earnt cash, and it has been stolen from me by the brokers and given to the scrap yard who will make more money on me. The system is a joke! So much for being honest! Now i know how insurances brokers work i know what steps to take in the future should anything like this ever happen again (hopefully it wont). Sorry to those people who was genuinly interested in the parts. :evil:

Andyjess666

Post by Andyjess666 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:38 pm

I know the feeling mate same thing happened to me on my old lude the parts I put in was worth more I think 600 is the insurance price for a lude regardless or what you have done to it

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:04 pm

Were any of the mods declared on you insurance?

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think you necessarily have to accept their offer. I think there's room for negotiating.

I'm sure @Shiny should be able to put me straight.

sol-lude
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:42 pm

1st off sorry to hear mate fingers crossed that you can turn this around.

2nd - fight the company - fight with all you have. Knowing the insurance market you should be looking to fight for the value of the vehicle - take things like Autotrader prices on a like for like basis amongst others (Pistonheads).

Also why are they refusing to allow you to buy the car back they shouldn't be looking to do that tell them you want to know how much it will be to buy the car back. Then tell them that should be satisfactory against the (hopefully higher value for the car)

What "should" happen depending on the competency of the insurer, if you prove the vehicle has a higher market value they will make another offer. Then from there tell them that you wish to buy the vehicle back and have that deducted from the agreed price. Then remind them its less of a cost if they settle it this way.

I cannot stress it enough you have to fight them when this sort of thing happens.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:16 pm

sol-lude wrote:Also why are they refusing to allow you to buy the car back they shouldn't be looking to do that tell them you want to know how much it will be to buy the car back. Then tell them that should be satisfactory against the (hopefully higher value for the car)
It think that's to do with not allowing anyone to then do a bodge repair and sell it on.

Shiny

Post by Shiny » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:55 pm

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Mon May 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Any pics of the damage?

nb: that code of practise should be out of date now shiny - it still says a VIC is required to be carried out by VOSA before a new V5c is issued, but that was removed last year (to save the government cash)...

GUROO

Post by GUROO » Tue May 02, 2017 11:24 am

ANyone got a replay?

theturkv

Post by theturkv » Thu May 04, 2017 12:28 pm

Ok guys latest update and sorry for not replying to my messages. Been busy tring to get my car back first.
So some positive news, i got a breakthrough with the insurance guys. They have agreed for me to have access to the car to remove any workable parts. Im intending to make the trip to where my car is being held at some point next week.

Return to “Cars Breaking”