Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

3rd Gen SOHC 12v Engine & Auto Box - Plus other bits

Whole cars being destroyed so that others may live
Metalhead
My Generation: 3G

3rd Gen SOHC 12v Engine & Auto Box - Plus other bits

Post by Metalhead » Sun May 14, 2017 10:30 pm

Having bought a car recently (as a future project) I've found that the sills and underside are rotten beyond economic repair so the car is sadly being broken for spares. I'm keeping quite a lot as spares for my 4WS SE but the Engine, Autobox and quite a few other bits and pieces are up for grabs. This includes exhaust, intake, twin carbs, alternator, seats, door cards and more besides.

Engine and Box have done just 82,700 miles and the cambelt and water pump were changed in July 2014 with 76k on the clock.

Please get in touch if you need anything - PLEASE NOTE, I am only selling to those who have a Prelude to repair or improve (proof needed!). I will not be selling to any prospectors or middle-men looking to make a few quid and potentially rip off enthusiasts.

[youtube]C0pP9187BkQ[/youtube]

... and why it's not being put back on the road (the rot runs all the way along the inner sills on both sides!)

Last edited by Metalhead on Mon May 15, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My 3rd Gen SE Manual Restoration and Preservation Project CLICK HERE

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sun May 14, 2017 11:07 pm

Hi metalhead.
Whole heartedly salute your sentiment with the use of these parts from your lude, shame it has to be broken but sometimes needs must, as you have rightly pointed out.
That said though, I'm afraid I must point out forum selling rules and you will need to add pictures of the parts, with username on a bit of paper, visible...

Metalhead
My Generation: 3G

Post by Metalhead » Mon May 15, 2017 9:50 am

wurlycorner wrote:Hi metalhead.
Whole heartedly salute your sentiment with the use of these parts from your lude, shame it has to be broken but sometimes needs must, as you have rightly pointed out.
That said though, I'm afraid I must point out forum selling rules and you will need to add pictures of the parts, with username on a bit of paper, visible...
Oops sorry, will sort that and edit the post!!! :)
My 3rd Gen SE Manual Restoration and Preservation Project CLICK HERE

Return to “Cars Breaking”