Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

How I didn't break my 4th gen

Whole cars being destroyed so that others may live
firstlude
My Generation: 4G

How I didn't break my 4th gen

Post by firstlude » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:31 pm

not sure if its ok to post here just yet ??????? like the title my project lude is turning into a money pit, i have sunk more money into then its worth so i am thinking of breaking it and trying to re-cope some money i dont wont to do this but , the car is a uk car 2.3 auto ,4ws there is a thread on here following all the work i have done will try and post a link to it
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Post by vanzep » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:49 pm

all cars are money pits :)

whats up with your project lude - what do you need to do to finish it?
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:08 pm

hi nick still have a abs fault to fix which i think is a rear sensor hopefully the rear pads disks etc are ok , then take front bumper off to remove n/s headlight as its misted up and the side light lense is broken , then i think its ready for mot but whats it going to be worth then as 4th gen ludes dont seem to be making much money :(
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

PreludePete
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 5G

Post by PreludePete » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:16 am

Hi Nick,

I really get where you are!

You are so close to finishing it, get it done and enjoy driving it! At least you will have the satisfaction of having completed the project.

Prelude values are slowly on the up for good cars. Its just a matter of time>

I had a Triumph Stag which was a money pit, but I finished it, enjoyed it for seven years and got half my money back when I sold it.

Stags are pretty rare cars just like the ludes now. so you won't be driving round in a boring eurobox!

All cars are money pits whether it restoring them or the depreciation!

Enjoy your hard work and get motoring!

Pete

Enjoy

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:39 am

Hi firstlude
Sounds like you are pretty close to finishing it (and with not much more money to spend) so would be a shame to give up now?
There's basically no project car that will ever pay back the money you put into it - that's just not how cars work...
There are very, very few 2.3 4g's around now, so that's another reason it would be a shame to break it.

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:30 am

All that hard work on those headlights and your considering breaking the lude :o

I think the general consensus on this is you are very close to finishing up, you have the finish line in your sights. Dig deep into the internet and on the forum you are likely to find exactly what you need for a good price.

Finish her, enjoy her and be content in knowing how you have built her to where she is now.

Drax

Post by Drax » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:17 am

abs faults are usually just the sensors that need cleaning up - maybe ask a nearby LG member if you need help?

driving it around this spring & summer will give you a big reward and smile trust me 8-)
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:27 pm

what are you lot like :oops: ok i will finish it not sure how i will manage to drive all my 3 cars around this summer :lol: was hoping to find time to slip the vtec in my other lude and enjoy that in the summer :vtec: , think i need a triple car insurance policy if theres such a thing :D

crxdriver
My Generation: 5G

Post by crxdriver » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:56 am

I have 3 cars insured with Adrian Flux and they do good prices for multiple cars. I have 14 years NCB on my Corolla (Lots of mods) £210 1 years NCB on the lude (Subtle mods) £283 and 1 years NCB on my crx (Subtle mods) £322. Not bad IMO.

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:01 pm

mmmmmm crx that takes me back really miss them had quite a few loved the early ones the best should of tucked them away in a barn :D

Return to “Cars Breaking”