Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Breaking my beloved Prelude (5Th gen Si-R). UPDATED ON PG 10

Whole cars being destroyed so that others may live
insanodano
My Generation: 5G

Breaking my beloved Prelude (5Th gen Si-R). UPDATED ON PG 10

Post by insanodano » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:21 pm

It is with a heavy heart that I write this, but It's time for my beloved Prelude to go. I intend to strip it down and then scrap what's left of it some time in August - when the insurance runs out.

It's a 1997 Type Si-R (Import). Here's a list of some of the good bits:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Type Si-R interior (Includes red/black dash, half leather red seats and door cards)

Make me an offer on this because I don't know what it's worth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up is an eBay stainless steel exhaust system that I paid £250 for. I'd take £100 for that. It'll come with a modified Spoon de-cat that I had to extend to meet up to the shorter manifold. (It's an import)

It's sitting on coilovers which are a combination of Koni yellow shocks and Skunk 2 coilover springs. These have probably done around 15,000 mile or so and they really drop the car. I reckon around 90 - 100mm - See above picture.

These cost about a grand new so I reckon £400 is a fair price.

Unfortunately the GReddy splitter got run over but it's all cable tied together and if anyone has a rat - look prelude then you can have it for free.

There's the orange rear tow ring and orange tow strap £20 for the ring and I'll throw the strap in.

If anyone wants the engine and gear box we can discuss this. They've done 140,000 miles and are still as good as ever. It's been self services by me since I brought it and the only problem I've ever had engine wise is a burnt out coil. The gear box does that thing that most early 5th gens do when it crunches into 5th if you change at over 4k rpm. That's something that's easy to avoid and I don't even notice it any more.

If there's anything else you wanna know then give me a shout. Unfortunately the wheels are no longer a complete set as I hit a massive pot hole the other day and buckled one.

:(
Last edited by insanodano on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

honda-hardy
Club Cartographer

Post by honda-hardy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:02 pm

jobby bud, what a shame, and what a sad introduction. welcome to the club.

i would like the greddy lip please. do you have any pictures of the damage?

rob quilter
Supporter 2014
PSN GamerTag: robquilter

Post by rob quilter » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Why are you breaking it? Looks mint.
PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR JAPANESE CARS - http://WWW.TOKYOSQUAD.COM

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - http://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/TOKYOSQUAD

honda-hardy
Club Cartographer

Post by honda-hardy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:05 pm

i fear it does not look like this anymore rob.

rob quilter
Supporter 2014
PSN GamerTag: robquilter

Post by rob quilter » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:10 pm

If it does he needs his head checking.
PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR JAPANESE CARS - http://WWW.TOKYOSQUAD.COM

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - http://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/TOKYOSQUAD

nucleustylzlude
My Generation: 4G

Post by nucleustylzlude » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:29 pm

I'm sure he has his reasons.

Topic moved to the cars breaking section and please if you are going to sell just some key items off the lude put them in the Parts for sale section and abide to the selling rules. Thanks! :D

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:12 pm

is the rearview mirror painted or is it a sticker?
My 5th Gen: Project Cheapskate
Pushki wrote:I change my pants every 3000 miles or every 6 months. Whichever comes first.

insanodano

Post by insanodano » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Oh hello.

I'm afraid Mr Hardy is right. It doesn't look like this anymore. I'm selling it because it's really low and I did 16,000 miles last year! Driving it over these awful roads is killing me! I've given up (on life) and brought a Passat. Diesel. :cry:

The GReddy lip is pretty ruined. It still (kinda) fits and I can get a few shots for you later if you want?

I drove it to work today and I still love driving it but it's costing too much!

insanodano

Post by insanodano » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Rocky wrote:is the rearview mirror painted or is it a sticker?
That's been custom painted but it's literally the only thing I wanna keep.

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by 4thgenphil » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:32 pm

seems such a desperate shame to see her broken :(
:thumbdown:

Return to “Cars Breaking”