Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

T7Design - Introduction

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Thu May 16, 2013 10:16 am

That is very cool!! I didn't realise the similarities between conventional PC water cooling and the mini heater matrix.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

Mudgey

Post by Mudgey » Thu May 16, 2013 10:25 am

Dimensions are the only similarities! With PC water cooling you need low restriction radiators to work well with the low speed fans, with the car heaters you require a dense high fin count, there are also many other changes like ribbed fins, multi row cores etc to heat the air up in the shortest of space & time as possible.
Last edited by Mudgey on Thu May 16, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu May 16, 2013 10:34 am

I must say Torques_uk on ebay are probably one of the most competitive when it comes to AN- fittings, but Adam has quoted me happy and undercut them (without knowing Torques' price). His components looks superior too 8)

nucleustylzlude
My Generation: 4G

Post by nucleustylzlude » Thu May 16, 2013 11:39 am

Mudgey wrote:
I honestly don't think you guys will have enough room to fit some laminova cores in there, plus you would need to fit around 4 cores to keep the pressure drop low, in all honesty a water/meth kit would work best, it would be cheaper, easier to install & you could take advantage of the higher octance the meth would provide, let alone using 20% or so less fuel at WOT..
Thanks for your thoughts, I looked at the laminovas a while back and someone had done the calcs and said 3/4, which is very tight. LHT make a kit for the D and B series JRSC kits with only 2 cores and seem to give really good results. It's a toughy.

I currently have an AEM water / meth kit ready to install and 10l of Distilled water and Methanol (Edit: not the gas! :roll: ) ready and waiting. This is my first option to run a safe 9psi with some more power to it too. There is the added effect of the water/meth corroding things in the intake path, but it's not something I'll loose sleep over.

I currently have this unit from a V6 Landrover model (similar to the units in the V8 jags:

Lined up to the OEM intake mani (albeit mine is slightly modified now - thanks Pete):

I want to remove the EGR section from the fuel rail studs back and maybe the top of the intake with the thread parts remain as the correct 'flange' for the JRSC plenum to mount to correctly. Leaving a space in the middle to sit the core in and box it all together.

Do you think we could get that to work? Pete and his tig welding friend are about to go at it, but interested to get your opinion as your stuff looks top notch bud. :D

Looking at your stuff, you'd make the thing from scratch! :lol:

Drop me a PM if it's easier.

Loving your work though. 8)

Cheers,

Rob

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Thu May 16, 2013 10:33 pm

wondered what that was when I saw you holding it at japfest :lol:
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu May 16, 2013 11:36 pm

Me too. I thought it was something exciting :roll:

;-)

Return to “T7Design”