Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Farlow's Hondafest 2015 pics

View the cars, the shenanigans and the aftermath.
farlow
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Pikey Pockets

Post by farlow » Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 am

RattyMcClelland wrote:Wow

I especially love the Mugen crx, yellow spoon s2000, and the red Civic next to the awesome City Turbo.

As above this looks like an epic meet.

Tell us about the drive, costs, etc etc
This was a difficult one for us to put a price on as we visited Amsterdam and Claire's family elsewhere in Holland whilst we were there. Also living in the north we had quite a journey before we even left England.
We also booked a very nice hotel near the event and stayed the Friday and Saturday before the show. The hotel was roughly £100 a night and the tunnel was £170 but I think everyone else got it cheaper due to booking in advance. I think they payed less for the hotel too.
Fuel was probably a little cheaper than here depending on where you filled up, Belgium being the cheapest. I believe the ferry is also cheaper than the tunnel but the convoy was all part of the fun so was worth the extra £££.
The drive is fairly straight forward if you have a decent sat nav and is mainly motorways all the way. I'd say it's roughly 3 hours from Calais without traffic. Obviously if you get the ferry you can take a more direct route depending on which ports you use but I'd probably use the tunnel again. There were quite a few British there so the travelling hasn't put them off, I believe the grey DC5 was at japfest on the Saturday and Hondafest on the Sunday but that's a whole new level of commitment.
The people that I travelled with have already put things in motion for Hondafest 2016 and are in talks with the organisers to have a bigger and better plot with the possibility of a trade stand also.
Claire and I will almost certainly be there and it would be great to see a lude generation club stand there too.

farlow

Post by farlow » Sun May 24, 2015 9:08 am

NafemanNathan wrote:Those pics pretty much put the Japfest the rest of us went to to shame! Unbelievable cars! Possibly a better standard than you'd see in the U.S even :shock:
I have quite a few more pics to be honest but I can only post so many. The standard of some of the cars was very good and there was such a broad range of vehicles, the European tuning scene is a little behind ours but the atmosphere was fantastic. There was a huge number of cars there, it made mimms seem very small in comparison.

nalla

Post by nalla » Sun May 24, 2015 9:18 am

Great pics.

How is Maz's type S coming along, and what did he and Russ drive down in.

farlow

Post by farlow » Sun May 24, 2015 9:26 am

nalla wrote:Great pics.

How is Maz's type S coming along, and what did he and Russ drive down in.
The type-s is finished and Maz drove it there. It's awesome but I tried to keep the pics to myself as I m not sure if he planned on posting some himself. Here's a sneaky peek.

Russ stayed home to keep Hond-R open.

bb1boy
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Sun May 24, 2015 10:05 am

Brilliant pictures Gary. Looks like a great time..
Also, I'm so glad none of that hellabollocks knackered camber she-ite has taken off over there!!
Long live proper fitment!

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sun May 24, 2015 10:17 am

Some great cars there, thanks for sharing with us 8-)

All the 3g's even have after market alloys that actually suit them! (I say that, because this does seem to be a difficult challenge on 3g's)

nalla

Post by nalla » Tue May 26, 2015 9:15 am

Yeah some really great cars there.Thanks a lot.

Maz ended up buying his type S as a result of me taking mine in for some mods. 3" exhaust, new clutch, flywheel, timing belt, intake etc. He drove it to LMF at Bicester and back, and decided to buy one for himself. He can't stop himself.

farlow

Post by farlow » Tue May 26, 2015 11:49 pm

wurlycorner wrote:Some great cars there, thanks for sharing with us 8-)

All the 3g's even have after market alloys that actually suit them! (I say that, because this does seem to be a difficult challenge on 3g's)
Yeah, I really liked one of the black 3rd gens. Trick with the wheels is to not go to big. I would say 16" max.

Return to “Event Pics”