Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Ahhh, So this is the best part of the forum...

Own an Accord? Want to talk about it? Here you go!
Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:05 am

prelude91 wrote:my brothers a stinkwheels fan, yam rd's aircooled
And so he should be. Even my mate's RD250 would give my 400F a run for its money.
Mind you, back when we learned to ride on C15s, the lad with the Golden Arrow was king of the road, so it's not as if we didn't know that the stinky, smoky ones could be a bit tasty. (Relatively.)
International Pensioner of Mystery

Ted
My Generation: 4G

Post by Ted » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:46 am

mercutio wrote:yeah I had both a rg250 and a 500 they were brutal 8-)
always fancied an rg, had the RD350lc with a stan stephens tuned engine and chrome allspeeds on it. RD500lc is now stupid money. on moving up from my gilera 50 to a 125 yam did the RD125DX and the RD200DX so i had the 200 and sent the logbook off saying it was a 125 :oops: never had an accord mind

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:40 am

the rg250/500 and the rd350/500 where pretty much a revolution they really were bikes you could ride everyday and go to the track and race the pro's with
I regret selling my rg's I had the ns400r after selling them and I went round the island on it on mad sunday even overtook ron haslam :lol: :lol: on a corner on the mountain back when I was fearless :lol: :lol:
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Doggo
Court Jester
PSN GamerTag: FfyreDog

Post by Doggo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Ooh, a deviant terror-ry splinterish group.

Still, while we're on the subject... that 400F is gorgeous, Sailor!

I do think the Velocette LE was a bike with looks only its mother could love! :D Still, it has the distinction of being (surely) the bike whose silhouette is on the road signs....

I used to have a CB500S, but now have (except it needs a bit of work :( ) this....

prelude91

Post by prelude91 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:38 pm

CBR1000 FH? ,Doggo, almost bought one of these instead of my Yam FJ12, the fj12 is torquier, as well as having a six speed box, better for touring, can't beat Honda quality, tho'

Doggo
Court Jester
PSN GamerTag: FfyreDog

Post by Doggo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:23 pm

CBR1000 FX (I think). One of the last year. I love it (Or will do again when I've sorted it). It is a six speed box :? To be fair, it isn't all that torquey considering the capacity, but it sounds like you've tried one.

Regards quality I reckon a japanese built Honda from that period must be close to as good as you can get... seems you can put daft mileages on them without much trouble (except the odd pinholed oil pipe, apparently :| ). I really like the linked brakes too - saved my arse a few times when something's happened and I've braked a bit sharp. Also has great ground clearance.

Don't know much about FJ12's.... handsome low beasties... air cooled?... supposed to be tough as old boots...

Both bikes are the sort that people often seem to say of "I wish I'd never sold mine, don't know why I did..."

Hope the trip's going well :)

prelude91

Post by prelude91 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:49 am

Hi Doggo, trip going well, thanks, went to Wellington yesterday, early start, but good, just checked out a few places, will need about 4 days to cover it sufficiently, the old dock area and warehousing is excellent, re-developed but still with enough of it's earlier heritage to show, 1840's to 1910 ish. Took some lovely photos of turn of the century city buildings, justaxposed with modern tall buildings. Got windburn, tho' temperature not too high, but deceptive with the wind blowing. I've seen loads of your period Honda, 'blades included, which have mega-miles, engine casings tend to flake off (still) but bodywork stands the test of time. Dunno why the japs have never mastered engine coatings properly. My FJ is immac. bought it 8 ish years ago with 7k on it, although its 20 years old now its still immaculate, even the anodised bolts are still shiney. Do like the idea of linked brakes, also had abs. on my previous fj12, good on gravel and loose surfaces.

Return to “Accord”