Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Weekend Toy / Show Car

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
uberNoobZA
My Generation: 4G

Re: Weekend Toy / Show Car

Post by uberNoobZA » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:49 am

Last update for now is that in preparation for selling her, I took out hte double DIN and replaced it with a single DIN. I also put back the original steering wheel (YAY cruise control). I also fixed a 4WS issue by re-aligining the sensor behind the steering wheel, while I had it all off to put original one back.

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:08 am

Great news glad you have been able to secure keeping her safe from the mobs who would likely ruin her.

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:55 am

sol-lude wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:08 am
Great news glad you have been able to secure keeping her safe from the mobs who would likely ruin her.
I think the LG guys would lynch me if I sold her and she turned out getting scrapped for parts !!

uberNoobZA

Weekend Toy / Show Car

Post by uberNoobZA » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 pm

Wow.... I haven't updated this page since BEFORE I got my CL9 ? That's sad... However, as she's parked up waiting for rust to be sorted, not had opportunity to do anything.

However, I have news !!! Horrible to look at news :shock:

So she has been parked up in the drive / back yard of a mate down in Poole (Tom), so I could SORN her and cancel insurance and save a little money while she's not in use. He had a chance this week to take her to the garage he works at and get her on the ramp to look at her rust.

Wow... I knew it was there, but I didn't know it was this bad. He says the entire end box section on the sill (which has already been done) needs cutting out and replacing.

From what I saw when I looked at her rust previously, it seems that whoever replaced that bit before didn't seal up the end properly, and also went and drilled holes into it to mount the side skirts. This seems to have allowed water to get into that box section, where it just sat and rusted away from the inside out. Externally, all looked fine, and I only realized there was a problem when I jacked up the right rear of the car at the jacking point and the sill started crumbling.

I was gutted when I saw those pics, because everywhere else she really does look rust free, due to a previous owner (@Gayno I think ) going over the whole car and dealing with the rust that was found.

Tom's boss quoted me a price to replace that box section which is currently a bit too much for me to afford, but then Tom kindly offered to do it himself, on his own time for a much better price, and I've asked him to go ahead and do that. So hopefully Midge will be ready for show season :dribble:. Then I gotta MOT her and find money for insurance and tax :Aghast:

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Weekend Toy / Show Car

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Glad you were able to keep the car.

The oem sills have big holes in them all along anyway, for the oem side skirts to be fitted (these look to have been filled in on yours).

The rear section of the sill is actually triple skin so it takes some care and attention to detail to properly rust-proof it, from inside the car. Water normally gets down into it from inside the car, running down the rear arches (leaks from the rear sunroof drains etc.).

You can buy replacement sills from @cebul on the forum.

uberNoobZA

Weekend Toy / Show Car

Post by uberNoobZA » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Sill has been cut, welded ,sealed and painted as necessary.

Next week she get's her MOT done as well, and then I'm gonna get her Taxed, insured and bring her back home - as long as I can find some savings elsewhere by cutting wasteful expenses....

uberNoobZA

Weekend Toy / Show Car

Post by uberNoobZA » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Sorted :D

uberNoobZA

Weekend Toy / Show Car

Post by uberNoobZA » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:56 pm

Went and picked her up yesterday from my mate in Poole. Had to take the long way back to Oxford so enjoy driving her :D

Sad to say she failed her MOT as her rear fog light isn't there anymore - it broke off a while back and I was told I don't need one, so removed switch for it :evil: :evil: Advisories for power steering pipe corrosion and seepage. Headlights are also not shining straight (but straight enough for to not come up as a fail item). She has the headlights from the old Track Prelude I had, as the HIDs that came with her were causing issues and one of the holders was broken, so HID was wiggling around. The headlights I took from track prelude had some tabs missing, so I can't quite mount it properly and have it stay in that position.

Still got my fog light switch, so will reinstall that this weekend, and got some red bulbs I'll put into the driver side reversing light, and then do a little rewiring. Won't look unbalanced, as the lenses are shaded, so won;t really tell difference between clear reverse bulb and red fog bulb. Failing that, I also have a cheap fog light I can put in place of where the other one broke off.

Gonna put her original steering wheel back on as well (so gad I didn't throw it out when I emptied out the barn) so I can get cruise control back, and also because I've decided I'm keeping her interior looking as stock as I can.

Then I need to get her side skirts off and paint them white, as they're the black ones from the track Prelude (I took off the ones she came with as I didn't like them and they were also rubbing against the bottom of the doors, leaving marks on the skirts.

Ian d

Weekend Toy / Show Car

Post by Ian d » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:17 am

Does anyone know please if Cebul is still active ? I am after a sill

uberNoobZA

Weekend Toy / Show Car

Post by uberNoobZA » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:53 pm

Had lots of fun at Mimms on Sunday. Was good to meet new people and put faces to names :D

Took her for a few runs at Santa Pod and I love how she handles.Still amazes me how she handles so much better than the 2005 CL9 Accord I have - she feels so much more planted and steady, the faster I go.

Got her rear fog sorted as well, so got her retested for MOT today, and that's now sorted.

Got the replacement headlights yesterday, so fitted those too.

Image Image

Return to “Lude Profiles”