Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Stay Clear and DO NOT use Hermes Courier Services.

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
prelude_h22
My Generation: 5G

Post by prelude_h22 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:42 pm

Hi All,

I just wanted to share my experience with the courier company "HERMES"

I guess it was my fault for using them, purely as they are a cheap service to ship out your ebay sold goods.
The issue comes with cheap couriers when things go wrong.

It did for me, I sold an item on ebay and shipped it to an ebay collection point chosen by the seller, i dropped it off at a shop and it was collected with no issues. When it came to delivery, the courier did not deliver to the collection point stated and stated the package to be returned to the sender. WTF!

At this point I tried to contact customer services at Hermes, they literally are the worse people on earth to deal with. So much bullshit and actually have no intention on helping you.

I really can't believe how bad their customer services are, after looking at many reviews online about them it is no surprise I am not the only one.

It gets worse, when they tried to re-deliver the package back to me they stated several times they tried to re-deliver but nobody was in. My parents were in fact indoors on both times they tried to deliver and they said nobody rang the bell. So these couriers are stating they tried to deliver when they were nowhere near your front door.

Once the package did arrive back to me, the package wasn’t even the correct package.
It was a random order for some clothing. Clearly someone had just stuck the incorrect label on the package.

Whilst I contacted customer services on the previous occasions, I requested a refund as they did not fulfil their original service by delivering my package in the first place.
They refuse to provide me with a refund.

I have lost out on an ebay sale, I am now out of pocket due to having to refund the buyer on ebay, lost out on my actual product as now this is lost and lost out on time off from work.
I am currently going through a PayPal dispute with them.

So my recommendation: STAY WELL CLEAR OF HERMES.
I wouldn't use them even if they were a free service.

Just goes to show how good Royal Mail are despite their higher prices.

Nevermind, you live and learn. lol.

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Hummmm, be persistent. They will cave.
I must have used Herpes 50 times and customer service was always "ok" when a few items didnt get delivered or were wrong. I had to call a few times.

batkosio
My Generation: 4G

Post by batkosio » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:57 pm

Had a package from Germany lost by them, then it reappeared after several months and returned to the sender, whk resent it via DHL. Really Herpes is more appropriate as a name...
"Winning is like a drug, I cannot justify in any circumstances coming second or third."
Ayrton Senna da Silva

batkosio

Post by batkosio » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:58 pm

The items was a facelift air refiner, you know how rare and fragile this is ;)
"Winning is like a drug, I cannot justify in any circumstances coming second or third."
Ayrton Senna da Silva

prelude_h22

Post by prelude_h22 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:00 pm

Im still fighting them, they are asking for several documents.
Will keep it at it. The item they lost was worth 60 quid.
Quite odd that a ebay collection point shop refused the delivery, i thought it may have been a scam from my buyer perhaps.

Hermes did give a refund for the original post costs but I did that through a dispute on Paypal.

That would be interesting if the package turns up one day. lol

prelude_h22

Post by prelude_h22 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:04 pm

The items was a facelift air refiner, you know how rare and fragile this is
Wow you are so lucky with that. They are indeed uber rare. lol.

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:21 pm

I've sent a few things and it always got there. Strangely 2 parcels to the same address sent same day arrived 2 weeks apart!

Sending to anything other than a normal address is just going to confuse the person+car combo - perhaps even some kind of scam we haven't heard about yet.

Its cheap and you get what you pay for - you get the option to buy extra insurance as well, but I wouldn't like to go through customer services...
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:41 pm

i must admit i use my herpes alot have had mixed results , cant fault the guy that delivers in my area real top man , one time i used them i sent a package back to a supplier as i ordered wrong item to get correct item the parcel got lost they spent a week or so trying to find it couldnt find it , i went threw customers services produced some paperwork to prove costs to me they gave me full refund happy days , i then contacted the supplier to tell them it was lost and just invoice me for correct part only for them to say they had recieved the parcel and was sending out my correct part , so win win for me free parts and postage :lol:
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:57 pm

I see so many parcels (delivered by Hermes) in the bushes, bins, behind plant pot and in sight of strangers. Then they wonder why the parcel went missing.. :roll: :roll:

Return to “General Chat”