Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Nitin’s Supercharger parts list

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
nitin_s1
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:38 pm

Incase you Guys didn’t know but I’m getting a supercharger.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

It’s the Jackson Racing Supercharger (just like Ratty’s). I’m not going to go for high bhp figures or any mad expensive build as I’ve got a limited budget but wanted to collect all the right parts that will accompany the build. Even if I get somewhere around 280ish I’d be very happy.

So far I’m just getting the charger and nothing else. I already have Ratty’s old 3” Exhaust that was built by PAW which is a bonus. Charger it self was ported and polished only 700 miles ago, comes with good injectors, bigger pulley for more boost (or can use the OEM one), has bigger after market throttle body and AEM fuel rail.

What other parts I need?

- Radiator (will need a big performance one as cooling might be an issue :cry: )
- ECU (P28 with Hondata S300)?
- Clutch (something that I could use everyday for fast driving without being an overkill)
- Gauges ?
- Battery Relocation kit (I’ve been looking at this and have decided to move the battery to the boot)
- Intake (the kit I got already comes with a modified one but will wait to see what it’s actually like but I do like the AEM V2)
- Decent Manifold to go with my 3” exhaust cat back
- De-cat (not sure if I want to de cat at the moment as with new rules I don’t want to be stopped or fail MOT)
- NO Power Steering - was considering removing the PS (but at the same time my little arms will struggle to turn the wheels when stationery or at low speeds)
- Oil filter relocation kit / cooler (I think as mine doesn’t have ATTS I will defo need a relocation kit?)
- H/T leads (will need some new ones or maybe some aftermarket performance ones)

These are the things on top of my list so far.. any other ones I should get or consider?

Feel free to give your opinions/options and the best place to to get them..

Thank you :mrgreen:

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Wed May 15, 2019 12:06 am

Have you considered whether or not the fuel pump is adequate?

(I put it that way because I don't know the answer ...)
International Pensioner of Mystery

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:56 am

Good shout Sailor.. :thumbup:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Wed May 15, 2019 1:57 am

You know a supercharger will make your car go faster, right Nits? :eh:

nalla

Post by nalla » Wed May 15, 2019 5:25 pm

You should be able to obtain a good 240 bhp, without a supercharger. That's enough to get a speeding ticket!

toadster

Post by toadster » Wed May 15, 2019 6:06 pm

LO :D
If Your Lude was mine I wouldnt touch the engine.
It's Yours though so good luck with the mods mate
Cheers ;)
Toadster

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Wed May 15, 2019 10:24 pm

nitin_s1 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:38 pm

- Radiator (will need a big performance one as cooling might be an issue :cry: )
- ECU (P28 with Hondata S300)?
- Clutch (something that I could use everyday for fast driving without being an overkill)
- Gauges ?
- Battery Relocation kit (I’ve been looking at this and have decided to move the battery to the boot)
- Intake (the kit I got already comes with a modified one but will wait to see what it’s actually like but I do like the AEM V2)
- Decent Manifold to go with my 3” exhaust cat back
- De-cat (not sure if I want to de cat at the moment as with new rules I don’t want to be stopped or fail MOT)
- NO Power Steering - was considering removing the PS (but at the same time my little arms will struggle to turn the wheels when stationery or at low speeds)
- Oil filter relocation kit / cooler (I think as mine doesn’t have ATTS I will defo need a relocation kit?)
- H/T leads (will need some new ones or maybe some aftermarket performance ones)
- I use the OEM radiator the engine stays perfectly cool even flat out.
- Get the p28 Hondata S300 v3. V3 has Bluetooth connectivity so you can monitor everything like a/f, oil pressure, Iat, egt.... etc etc.
- I use Competition Clutches stage 2. I describe it as OEM+++. Grips fine and engages fine but is heavier than oem. I did use the ATR clutch and that was pure oem and ran the supercharger fine but did allow more slip, but much better than the Prelude clutch.
- If you want gauges monitor air fuel ratio, oil temp and oil pressure mainly. I use innovative mtx-d. Hondata v3 will monitor these also but it's less clear off a small phone compared to a dedicated gauge mounted on the dash top.
- Battery relocation kit doesn't need a kit, I use a t7design battery tray and strap and drilled through the boot floor and mounted it there with bolts, 4awg wires from battery to the engine bay into a 3 way distribution box. One goes to starter motor and one to the under bonnet fuse box and the other is from the battery. To be safe I fused both ends of the long battery cable as its to protectvthe cable from fire.
- Intake. You will have to adapt the aem v2.
- Zorst Mani.....plm or hytech rep offer best solution for cost vs performance, with the cat I went with a 100cel sports cat and got one made up. Passed Mot fine.
- Power steering I can't answer.
- Oil filter relocation isn't needed at all. I have a couple of oil filter sandwich plates for my sensors and oil cooler which has its own thermostat built in. Mocal oil cooler up front. This does help with heavy driving.
- Magnecor HT leads.

Get a walbro 255lph fuel pump. Stock 290 injectors might be the limit for 6psi and you might run a high injector duty cycle. Get DW440cc injectors to be safe if needed unless your kit already has them.

Get Iridium ZFR7F-11 spark plugs. I'm finding the stock 6 heat range plugs have a very short life due to heat and I heavily misfire when cold start in heat range 8 plugs. The 7s are the sweet spot.
Think about water injection of you are going to constant freaking insane driving. If not, you may not need it.

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by 4thgenphil » Wed May 15, 2019 10:46 pm

Nits, i wouldnt remove the power steering, im not a little lad and wouldnt remove it from road car, mines a PITA on the road.
:thumbdown:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu May 16, 2019 8:46 am

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:24 pm
- I use Competition Clutches stage 2. I describe it as OEM+++. Grips fine and engages fine but is heavier than oem. I did use the ATR clutch and that was pure oem and ran the supercharger fine but did allow more slip, but much better than the Prelude clutch.
I run an OEM ATR clutch. It was fine with 240bhp, but slips with 260bhp.

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Post by ATR84 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:05 am

Good luck with it Nitin :thumbup:

I got the impression you don't drive your car fast from that youtube video, will you actually use the power? :D

Is the car going to be a daily? Or a weekend/track weapon? If the former, I wouldn't do things like remove the power steering.

Return to “Engine / GearBox”