Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Corona - who is doing what?

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
sol-lude
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:06 pm

Wife 6 months pregnant however works in care so a key worker cant take time off as no pay. agency worker came in to her work last night wife followed her through opening all the doors agency worker had. worker then said her sister has high temp and cough but hadn't seen her since Monday so its okay wtf...seriously people need to pay attention.
I can work from home but have plenty decorating to get done over next couple of weeks just finished wee mans fibre optic roof.

km666
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: fargoneonone

Post by km666 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:43 pm

i'm a lorry driver delivering cars, its business as usual. However we've started a distancing policy, combined with the business supplying us with sanitising wipes and disposable gloves means we should carry on for a while yet. Even if people stop buying cars we can work with other business' helping with general distribution.
-KM666

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:54 am

One of the things I've done to keep myself occupied was to drag out some old home recordings, including a little tune I put to a William Blake verse. Added to some free-licence footage, it seemed to fit this virus thing, so I put it on YouTube.

International Pensioner of Mystery

tom023
Supporter 2016

Post by tom023 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:46 am

Cool vid Sailor, very fitting for the present time

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:45 pm

Thanks, Tom.

Another thing I've been doing is trying to write verse. I recently joined an amateur writers group. We set little challenges every couple of months or so. One running at the moment is to write a limerick about viruses and stuff (Pandemerick?). Here are my first two drafts:

This virus has me perplexed:
I’ve read a lot and the text
Says ‘don’t take the mick
Out of the sick’
’Cause your turn’s coming next.

“Medical supplies are at hand,”
Said the government man.
But don’t you just hate a
Respirator
That’s still in the back of the van?

Bright ideas are clearly needed, please!
International Pensioner of Mystery

Stevee99

Post by Stevee99 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:17 pm

Poignant vid, Sailor, changed days from your lovely pics of French streets and churches!

Hey Folks,
I'm in Edinburgh staying with a friend. My Prelude is back in Fife in the garage with no one to talk to!

I was working in a restaurant and training to be a tour guide and in a week they both came to an abrupt halt!

So I'm not in the best position but, touchwood, I have a roof over my head, I'm nice and warm and I'm running again, ironically due to being stuck in the house for so long, I predict a surge in London Marathon entries if Edinburgh is anything to go by!

Stay safe folks
Steve

tobyslude

Post by tobyslude » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:13 pm

I've been doing some bits and bobs on the Prelude.. sorted a window regulator, some pads and discs and other little bits but waiting for parts now!

OEM+

Post by OEM+ » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:59 pm

Well, I'm only on day two of being furloughed at home and I'm already about to start climbing the walls. :crazy:

However, I managed to get a few orders in for car and bike parts over the weekend - so, I'll soon be able to start doing a few jobs to make my isolation time feel more productive. Hoping to sort a sticky seat runner while I'm waiting and, seeing as I'll have at least one of the seats out, I figure I might as well do a proper cleaning and detailing job on the interior while I'm at it!

Stay safe, guys!
JayIG • 5th Gen 2.2VTi 2WS Auto • 91k

Tusker
My Generation: 4G

Post by Tusker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:01 pm

I’m a contract project manager working in adult social care. My contract ended yesterday as planned. Nobody’s hiring at the moment so as I’m inside IR35 I don’t qualify as self-employed so it looks like Universal Credit is my only option ☹️

I suspect it’s only a matter of time before someone figures out that project managers are needed but meanwhile I’ve slashed my rates and spoken with my key recruitment agency contacts. Something will turn up I’m sure 😀

Meantime, I’m starting to put my Lude back to 100% stock as its not really practical as a daily driver anymore 😎

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:59 pm

I've had a week off now and been improving my photoshopping skills. :shock: :roll: :lol:

Return to “General Chat”