Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Steering Column Sticks No Worky

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
sol-lude
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Re: Steering Column Sticks No Worky

Post by sol-lude » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:17 am

I would in the 1st instance follow the earth on this one. However you say it's happening with both looms and therefore makes me think it's on the car side and not the loom.
As for the resistors you sound like you have done what I would have said and replaced these.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:57 pm

sol-lude wrote:Alright mate, I assume you earthed the extra wire at the passenger side and unplugged the dimmer unit?

The yellow plug is below this is the one that controls the lights the indicators etc these are the ones I would follow or separate from the loom and trace for any burnt wires. Image
Yes did the earthing on the first install effort and have altered it since to check but it seems good,it all boils back down to something in the car as it's with both old and new looms and clusters.

I will get back at it next few days as i have a small work break :suicide:

I appreciate your advice,thanks mate
95 Lighty Bb4

92 Bb2/4 Si Vtec daily slogger

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:04 pm

if you have a multimeter that's what I found quite handy in making sure I had all the power and currents flowing.

It sounds like to me there is a bad earth on the car side from what you have there. Check the fuses etc in the engine bay and check that there are no burnt or loose connections in the bay for the earths. Then follow that back to the driver foot well. Take a multimeter to both sides of the plugs and make sure there is a current flowing through them.

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”